VIDEO: WATCH LIVE: Trump impeachment vote expected in the House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by PBS.ORG:
WASHINGTON (AP) — The House prepared Wednesday to easily derail a maverick Democrat’s drive to impeach President Donald Trump, an effort that party leaders consider a premature exercise that needlessly forces vulnerable swing-district lawmakers to cast a perilous and divisive vote.
The resolution by Texas Rep. Al Green, which cites Trump’s “racist” comments imploring Democratic congresswomen of color to go back to their native countries, had no chance of prevailing. A vote was expected as early as Wednesday.
The article goes on to state the following:
But even facing certain defeat, the vote risked deepening the already raw rift between liberal Democrats itching to oust Trump and Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other leaders. Top Democrats prefer waiting to see if a stronger case for removal can be developed that would win broader public support, and they’re eagerly awaiting next week’s scheduled testimony to two House committees by special counsel Robert Mueller.
The House is expected to vote Wednesday on the resolution to impeach Trump. Watch below.
To get more information about this article, please visit PBS.ORG. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting PBS.ORG
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]