VIDEO: The View hosts defend Pelosi: She ‘deserves respect’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
“The View” co-host Meghan McCain took aim Thursday at freshman Democrats such as Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (N.Y.) for their recent attacks on Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), saying Pelosi “deserves respect.”
The Speaker and four progressives in her caucus — Reps. Rashida Tlaib (Mich.), Ilhan Omar (Minn.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.) and Ocasio-Cortez — have openly feuded this week after Pelosi dismissed some of their concerns in a recent interview.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Lest we forget, it’s Pelosi who delivered [a victory for House Democrats in the] midterms,” McCain said. “That’s what I would say to these four women right here. It was her leadership that I once questioned on this show. I no longer do.”
“She’s 79 years old,” McCain continued. “She could be with her grandkids. She could be with her family, and I don’t like her, I don’t agree with her politics, but she’s still serving her country. And that deserves respect from younger generations.”
Co-hosts Whoopie Goldberg and Joy Behar also chastised the freshman Democrats (#Squad). Goldberg said the younger Democrats should respect the work older Democrats have done, while Behar called for unity to battle Trump.
Meanwhile, co-host Sunny Hostin defended the #Squad and Ocasio-Cortez’ claim that Pelosi was targeting representatives of color, listing some of Pelosi’s comments.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant