VIDEO: Trump speaks to reporters in feisty exchange outside White House
Prior to his departure for Michigan on Thursday morning, President Trump spoke to reporters outside the White House, answering questions on a variety of topics.
The president said the U.S. has a good relationship with Russia, as news broke that the United States has withdrawn from the 30-year-old Treaty on Open Skies agreement with Russia. Trump said, “Russia didn’t adhere to the treaty, so until they adhere, we will pull out, but there’s a very good chance we’ll make a new agreement or do something to put that agreement back together.”
Regarding the coronavirus lockdown, Trump said he wants to get the country back to normal, and “get our churches open.”
Trump emphatically said he does not want states to do all mail-in ballots for the November election. “We don’t want to take any chances with fraud in our election,” he said.
At one point, a reporter attempted to ask him a question, and Trump said, “You have your mask on. I can’t hear you!”
Responding to a claim that 36,000 people would have been saved from the coronavirus if social distancing guidelines had been implemented just one week earlier, Trump reminded reporters that he was so early putting a travel ban on China that Democrats were complaining.
“Everybody fought me on that, they didn’t want it, and a month later, Nancy Pelosi was dancing in the streets of San Francisco in Chinatown,” Trump declared.
Someone asked if he was planning to attend the rocket launch next week. “I’m thinking about going, I hope you’re all going to join me. I’d like to put you all on the rocket and get rid of you for a while,” he joked, before departing.
President Trump flew to Detroit, Michigan Thursday, where he will tour a Ford Motor Company plant that’s producing ventilators for hospitals.
WATCH his comments in the video below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Tired of your news being censored by the liberal social media giants? Tired of important news articles being hidden from your news feed? Here are two ways you can TAKE CONTROL TODAY:
- Download the DML News App to your phone today – it’s FREE! This will give you direct access to all our news articles, all day long, 7 days a week… UNFILTERED by the social media giants.
- JOIN US as a TeamDML.com subscriber. If you’re not already on board this growing movement of independents and conservatives, please get started TODAY! You’ll have access to powerful daily news shows and so much more! Get unfiltered news and commentary you won’t hear anywhere else!
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests