VIDEO: Trump rips into Biden, Bloomberg: At least Sanders ‘has real followers’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump on Tuesday said he would rather run against former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg than Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) in the November general election, even as he acknowledged Sanders’ loyal following.
“Frankly I’d rather run against Bloomberg than Bernie Sanders, because Sanders has real followers,” Trump told reporters during an Oval Office event. “Whether you like them or not, whether you agree with them or not, I happen to think it’s terrible what he says. But he has followers. Bloomberg’s just buying his way in.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s comments seemed to implicitly recognize the strength of Sanders’ campaign, which has drawn comparisons to the president’s own 2016 effort in terms of energy and appeal to working class voters.
Trump lashed out at Bloomberg, who was criticized Tuesday over newly surfaced audio of him defending New York’s stop-and-frisk policing practices.
“I support anything we can do to get down crime and to get rid of drugs,” Trump said of the policy.
Trump then attacked Bloomberg’s apology for supporting the policy:
“I think when a man is with stop-and-frisk his whole life and then he decides to go Democrat and he goes to church, and he’s practically crying, he looked like hell… saying what a horrible thing he did. I think that’s so disingenuous.”
Trump also explained deleting a tweet he’d posted about the audio clip of Bloomberg, labeling him “racist.”
Trump said he realized the tweet was pretty “nasty” and that he was trying to “bring the country together, not divide the country further.”
Trump also said former Vice President Joe Biden, who is lagging in polls, could “always turn it around.”
“It’s not going to be easy,” Trump said. “I think he can turn it around, yeah. He’s got a shot.”
Trump characterized Biden’s campaign as “stumbling” and “mumbling.”
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- DML LIVE: Trump rocks, Bernie offers fake promises and hides truth
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: ‘Michelle Obama loved him’: Trump blasts Democrats for relationships with Harvey Weinstein