VIDEO: Trump pivots, calls Danish PM a ‘wonderful woman’ after latest conversation
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Donald Trump says that Danish prime minister Mette Frederiksen called him and they had ‘a great conversation,’ as he dialed back an assault on the U.S. ally he called ‘nasty’ over her refusal to sell Greenland.
‘She called me, a wonderful woman, we had a great conversation, we have a very good relationship with Denmark, and we agreed to speak later,’ he said Friday evening. ‘But she was very nice. she put a call in, and I appreciated it very much.’
The article goes on to state the following:
Frederiksen’s office said Friday the two leaders spoke late Thursday, and Danish media reported the call was ‘constructive.’ The White House had not confirmed the call, but it is believed to be the first time the two spoke since Trump announced he was scrapping his two-day state visit.
The two leaders had a brief verbal spat after Trump explored the idea of buying Greenland, which is a Danish territory. Frederiksen called the plan “absurd,” and Trump called her “nasty.”
The tiff over Greenland prompted Trump to cancel his first presidential visit to Denmark.
Trump now says the Danish PM is “a wonderful woman” because “she called me and I appreciated it very much.” pic.twitter.com/fL5JKNCJEq
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) August 24, 2019
Pres. Trump defends his decision to cancel his Denmark trip after the prime minister called his idea to purchase Greenland “absurd.”
— ABC News (@ABC) August 21, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DailyMail
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]