VIDEO: Trump once celebrated ‘Mad Dog’ Mattis, now dismisses him as ‘our previous person’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump once gushed to the press and others about former Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis’ job performance, highlighting the general’s punchy nickname “Mad Dog.”
On Wednesday, Trump referred to Mattis not by name, but simply as “our previous person.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Taking questions from reporters Wednesday about whether or not acting Secretary of Defense Patrick Shanahan would be nominated to the role permanently, Trump didn’t directly answer, but said that he approved of Shanahan’s job performance. In the response Trump knocked Mattis, pointing to the diminishing influence of the Islamic State in Syria.
“He’s doing a great job. Shanahan is doing a fantastic job,” Trump said. “…Look what we’ve done in respect to the caliphate in Syria, I was told by our previous person that it was going to take two years to knock it out, and I did it in three weeks once we started.”
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Freshman Dem lawmaker argues with Ben Carson during hearing
- BREAKING: Judge decides if Deutsche Bank, Capital One can give Trump financial records to Democrats
- BREAKING: Furious Trump cuts-off talks with Dems, responds to Pelosi’s ‘cover-up’ claim in fiery announcement [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Pelosi gives her version of explosive meeting with Trump [VIDEO]
- TRUMP TWEETS: Blasts out statement to Dems, ‘thanks’ Pelosi for her ‘prayers’
- POLL: Dems unleash on Trump – Can his presidency survive?
- BREAKING: Two banks have turned Trump’s financial records over to House
- BREAKING: Pelosi speaks after closed-door Dem meeting, makes allegation against Trump [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Trump Surging in Key State; Tops Every Democrat in New SHOCK Poll
- BREAKING: House Intel postpones enforcement action after DOJ offer to share some Mueller files