VIDEO: Trump names conditions for admitting people from Bahamas
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
President Trump said Monday that the United States needs to be “careful” in making sure everyone entering the country from the Bahamas has proper documentation, suggesting dangerous individuals could sneak into the U.S. with those seeking refuge following Hurricane Dorian.
“I don’t want to allow people that weren’t supposed to be” in the Bahamas, Trump told reporters on the South Lawn at the White House.
The article goes on to state the following:
Trump’s remarks came after dozens of people evacuating the Bahamas were kicked off of a ferry headed for Florida over confusion regarding their visas.
After Hurricane Dorian slammed the Bahamas, roughly 70,000 people are estimated to be in need of food, water, and medical help. Thousands of people are missing after the Category 5 storm passed, and more than 40 people have been confirmed dead.
“It got hit like nothing I’ve seen,” Trump told reporters. “Anybody wants to help that’s OK with me.”
Pres. Trump on hurricane survivors trying to leave the Bahamas: “We have to be very careful. Everyone needs totally proper documentation…I don’t want to allow people who weren’t supposed to be in the Bahamas to come into the United States, including some very bad people.” pic.twitter.com/NK66ftrC6o
— ABC News (@ABC) September 9, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) September 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: New sexual misconduct accusation leveled against Kavanaugh, echoes previous allegation
- REPORT: Baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighing 9 pounds, 11 ounces [PICTURES]
- REPORT: DC flies US flags with 51 stars ahead of statehood hearing
- REPORT: Mike Flynn Is Finally Fighting Back
- REPORT: Pelosi claims to know why multiple Republicans are retiring
- POLL: Do you like MAGA or KAG?
- REPORT: Union County high school teacher reportedly told students VP Pence should be ‘shot in the head’
- REPORT: Trooper Attacked, Left With Serious Facial Injuries After Routine Traffic Stop
- VIDEO: Portland crowd boos during on-field Armed Forces swearing-in on 9/11
- REPORT: Even baby boomers are way behind on retirement savings