VIDEO: Trump extends another important deadline amid coronavirus crisis
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonPost:
President Trump said Monday that he is pushing back the deadline for when Americans will be required to have the new Real ID credential to board domestic flights.
At a White House briefing, Trump said he is postponing the Oct. 1 deadline, citing the coronavirus crisis and concerns of crowding at state departments of motor vehicles from people trying to meet the looming deadline.
The article goes on to state the following:
“At a time when we’re asking Americans to maintain social distancing, we do not want to require people to go with their local DMV,” Trump said.
President Trump announces the Real ID requirement deadline will be postponed amidst the coronavirus pandemic pic.twitter.com/jSHonWcWk6
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) March 23, 2020
Trump said the new deadline would be announced “very soon.”
The administration previously pushed back the filing date for US income taxes. The tax-filing deadline was moved to July 15, the same day tax payments are due.
Californians will get extra time on Real ID as Trump says he will delay the deadline due to the coronavirus. https://t.co/PMSLzCyW38
— Los Angeles Times (@latimes) March 24, 2020
— DMLNewsApp (@DMLNewsApp) March 23, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonPost. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WashingtonPost
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]