VIDEO: Trump explains Kennedy Center coronavirus aid: ‘That was not my request’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
President Trump defended a $25 million carve-out for the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts added to a bipartisan coronavirus relief package.
The Senate passed the relief package early Wednesday morning with the provision for the Kennedy Center added after Democrats pulled support for the original bill despite bipartisan cooperation to craft it. Trump defended the addition in a press conference on Wednesday evening.
The article goes on to state the following:
“The Kennedy Center has suffered greatly because nobody can go there. It’s essentially closed,” Trump said. The Kennedy Center is a federally funded performance theater that puts on musicals, orchestras, and other live performances.
Trump said it was “a Democrat request.”
“That was not my request,” Trump said. “But you got to give them something.”
President Trump on $25 million for @kencen: “This was a request from the Democrats because of the fact that they have a facility that’s essentially closed up…If I wanted to go there tonight to look at Romeo and Juliet, I’d love to go see Romero and Juliet…” pic.twitter.com/fQu1N1Fryj
— CSPAN (@cspan) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Health care firm slashes pay for nurses, docs as they battle coronavirus
- VIDEO: CNN’s Cuomo discusses positive coronavirus diagnosis on air: ‘You do not want this’
- VIDEO: Dr. Birx: ‘Disappointing’ that half a million new coronavirus tests not being utilized