VIDEO: Trump campaign advisor responds to Omar’s claim of death threats
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
An adviser to President Trump’s reelection campaign is blaming a rash of death threats against Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) on “her ill-thought-out words” rather than attacks by Trump.
“I don’t think it’s the president that’s putting her in danger, I think it’s her ill-thought-out words that she used to describe the greatest terror attack on the history of United States soil which killed nearly 3,000 Americans,” Marc Lotter said early Monday on CNN’s “New Day” when asked about a video Trump tweeted that showed clips of the 9/11 attacks and Omar’s comments. Omar, one of the first Muslim women elected to Congress, said the tweet has led to a spike in threats against her.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Make no mistake, no congressperson, no American should be threatened and no one is inciting violence,” Lotter, the Trump campaign’s director of strategic communications, added. “I think what they’re doing is showing outrage toward words that should have been better thought out.”
“I don’t think it is the President putting her in danger. It is her ill thought out words,” says Trump 2020 Campaign aide @marc_lotter on Rep. Ilhan Omar.
“I’m not going to tell the President what he should or should not do with his Twitter account.” pic.twitter.com/cf09NSWEbr
— New Day (@NewDay) April 15, 2019
— The Hill (@thehill) April 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- REPORT: FBI found Hillary Clinton’s emails in Obama White House, former top official says
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: State debating bill to ban ‘sanctuary city’ policies; ACLU warns people not to travel there if it passes
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- REPORT: Judge to block Trump administration’s rules targeting Planned Parenthood
- VIDEO: Piers Morgan has a message for Democrats wanting to impeach Trump
- REPORT: After Girl Held as ‘Slave’ for 16 Years in Texas, Captors Mohamed Toure and Wife get Light Sentence