VIDEO: Task force doctors call media out for distorted information, bad questions
Dr. Deborah Birx has become a regular at President Donald J. Trump’s daily coronavirus updates with the task force. On Wednesday, Birx, who is the coordinator of the White House coronavirus task force, suggested that the media isn’t giving Americans accurate information.
Dr. Birx said the task force is collecting data on “a granular level” and assessing how the virus is affecting different places to determine impact, needs, and assistance.
She went on to say that coronavirus statistics “that are being put out there” by the media are really frightening Americans, and that they don’t account for remediation and goodwill efforts.
Dr. Deborah Birx suggests the media is irresponsibly presenting distorted coronavirus numbers to the American people in an effort to frighten them pic.twitter.com/igxmS07xeS
— (((Jason Rantz))) on KTTH Radio (@jasonrantz) March 26, 2020
During the same press briefing, Dr. Anthony Fauci became frustrated by a reporter’s question.
The reporter said the World Health Organization has been praising China for its transparency and leadership in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
Fauci told him, “I can’t comment on that…because I don’t have any viewpoint into it. I don’t even know what your question is,” before he abruptly walked away from the podium.
Trump seemed amused as he took Fauci’splace, saying, “Welcome to the group,” while looking at Fauci and gesturing toward the press.
The WHO is praising China for their response to the pandemic…
FAUCI: “…I don’t even know what your question is.”
TRUMP: “Welcome to the group.”
— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) March 25, 2020
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states