VIDEO: Senate includes huge funds for mail-in voting in coronavirus spending deal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
The coronavirus stimulus deal the Senate is expected to pass on a bipartisan basis Wednesday includes $400 million to shore up elections and promote mail-in voting in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
A Senate source told The Hill that the $400 million would be made available to states to “help prepare for the 2020 election cycle, including to increase the ability to vote by mail, expand early voting and online registration, and increase the safety of voting in-person by providing additional voting facilities and more poll-workers.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The funds, which were included in an estimated $2 trillion spending package that the Senate is expected to approve on Wednesday, are an increase from the previous $140 million figure proposed in an earlier Senate funding bill.
The report notes that the $400 million is a far cry from the $4 billion House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had originally demanded for election spending.
Three other Democrats, Sens. Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), and Chris Coons (D-Del.), had requested $2 billion to be included for elections.
Coons posted a video on Facebook Wednesday morning and said he is still in full support of the bill.
The Senate has reached an agreement on the Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act. I want to share a quick rundown of what’s in the bill, and I look forward to voting for it later today so we can get this support out the door to help the American people. pic.twitter.com/WINEjaqGlF
— Senator Chris Coons (@ChrisCoons) March 25, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians
- REPORT: Virus cases surging in California, mayor warns his city is days away from being next NYC
- REPORT: Widespread flushing of toilet paper ‘alternatives’ causing major problems [PHOTO]
- REPORT: 15,000 Indians may have been infected by ‘super-spreader’ guru
- REPORT: Princess becomes first royal to die from coronavirus
- REPORT: 66 Residents of One Nursing Home Have COVID-19
- BREAKING: CDC issues travel advisory for residents of 3 US states
- REPORT: Haiti hospital chief kidnapped amid coronavirus emergency [VIDEO]