VIDEO: Sen. Klobuchar shares update on husband, after he was hospitalized for coronavirus
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
The day after revealing her husband had tested positive for coronavirus and was hospitalized, Sen. Amy Klobuchar provided an update, saying he’s still on oxygen. Her husband, John Bessler, has suffered from a bleeding cough and “dangerously low” oxygen levels, the Minnesota senator told Good Morning America host Robin Roberts on Tuesday. Klobuchar said one of the hardest things about the disease is “you can’t go and visit your loved one.”
“All you can do is call, email and text and try to reach the caretakers who are taking care of him … to get updates,” Klobuchar said.
Bessler started to feel sick almost two weeks ago and immediately self-quarantined in his apartment, as coronavirus concerns began to grow, Klobuchar said. But given that Bessler, 52, was healthy and had no pre-existing health conditions, she said she wasn’t sure how he contracted the virus. While he took the test last Wednesday, Klobuchar said he received the results on Monday.
*Coronavirus cases worldwide: 436,024
*Total confirmed deaths: 19,630
*Recovered patients: 111,878
My husband has coronavirus. I love him & not being able to be by his side is one of the hardest things about this disease. So many are going through this & much worse. I pray for him & you & meanwhile I will do all I can to get help to the American people.https://t.co/fqQU6tA29r pic.twitter.com/SjyfdQxe1R
— Amy Klobuchar (@amyklobuchar) March 23, 2020
Today I spoke with the leaders of MN hospitals.
Medical workers are doing an incredible job even while putting themselves at risk. That’s why I’m pushing for legislation to expand access to testing and to get supplies to health care providers.
— Amy Klobuchar (@amyklobuchar) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Romney joins Dem senator to send ‘warning’ to Trump
- REPORT: New ‘hot spot’ state: Coronavirus cases jump 42 percent in one day
- REPORT: Scientists warn about one way COVID-19 can be transmitted
- VIDEO: Healthy 39-year-old DJ died of coronavirus. What his young widow and daughter want you to know [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Republicans rip ‘partisan’ Pelosi panel on coronavirus response: ‘This isn’t about oversight’
- REPORT: Experts, Trump advisers doubt White House coronavirus deaths estimate
- TRUMP TWEETS: ‘Great news’ and big thanks in series of posts
- VIDEO: Bernie Sanders snaps at crying baby at campaign event
- REPORT: Biden Has Earned 11 Pinocchios From Fact-Checkers During Coronavirus Crisis
- VIDEO: WWII veteran recovers from coronavirus in time to celebrate 104th birthday [PHOTOS]