VIDEO: Screws on an interstate cause flat tires for miles
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CNN.com:
(CNN) — A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate.
Mississippi Highway Patrol responded Tuesday after getting numerous calls about stranded motorists near the Pascagoula River Bridge. When officers arrived, they discovered sheet metal screws scattered across Interstate 10 West. In total, 36 passenger cars and three semis each had multiple flat tires.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Wrecker response time was upwards to three hours for [motorists] waiting on tow trucks due to the number of calls for service,” the Mississippi Highway Patrol said in a statement.
The Jackson County Sheriff Department posted the following message on Facebook:
We have numerous reports of nails and screws scattered on the I-10 long bridge, westbound, over the Pascagoula River. We advise drivers, if possible, to take alternate routes because of multiple vehicles with tire damage. Mississippi Department of Transportation and Highway Patrol are on scene.
A container of screws fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, causing flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate https://t.co/LO5W3AnZvS
— CNN (@CNN) July 10, 2019
— Emily Wagster Pettus (@EWagsterPettus) July 10, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/jda9Bn9fOv
— Ann Yaggie (@AnnYaggie) July 9, 2019
— KMOV (@KMOV) July 10, 2019
A container of screws that fell off a vehicle and littered the roadway in Jackson County, Mississippi, caused flat tires along nearly 30 miles of interstate. https://t.co/gCGcJcyDh1
— Amanda Jackson (@AmandaJ_TX) July 9, 2019
— WXXV 25 (@WXXV25) July 9, 2019
A traffic alert out of Jackson County, Mississippi where dozens of cars could be seen pulled over the side of westbound I-10 after reports of nails and screws scattered over the interstate. https://t.co/ZxPwnZRjHt
— WKRG (@WKRG) July 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CNN.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CNN.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Schiff makes announcement on releasing impeachment inquiry transcripts to the public
- REPORT: Democrats name Cummings replacement for acting chair of House Oversight Committee
- REPORT: Impeachment gets real: McConnell gives Senate Republicans tutorial on Trump trial
- VIDEO: Trump called Pelosi a ‘third-rate politician’ during Syria meeting, top Democrats say
- TRUMP TWEET: Releases statement on death of Elijah Cummings
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham threatens to become ‘Trump’s worst nightmare’
- BREAKING: House votes on resolution rebuking Trump over withdrawal of U.S. forces from Syria
- Trump Tweets: ‘The Do Nothing Democrats’ and ‘Nervous Nancy’s Unhinged Meltdown’ [PICTURES]
- VIDEO: Pelosi doubles down on Trump ‘meltdown’: ‘We have to pray for his health’
- BREAKING: Democrat Congressman Elijah Cummings dies suddenly