VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump
In a Wednesday tweet, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) wrote: “People all across the country should be alarmed.”
Scalise said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) “are trying to impeach [President Donald J. Trump] behind closed doors.”
Scalise is referring to an impeachment inquiry launched by House Democrats which is being conducted using “closed-door” testimony.
“They’re excluding the public, the press, and even Members of Congress from this process,” Scalise wrote. “What are they trying to hide?”
In a Tuesday tweet, Scalise wrote: “I just asked the Democrat Majority a simple yes or no question: Has the House been authorized to conduct an impeachment inquiry into [President Trump]?
“They refused to even answer the question. The Dems literally cut my mic. This process is a total sham.”
He tweeted the videos below:
People all across the country should be alarmed.
Pelosi and Schiff are trying to impeach @realDonaldTrump behind closed doors. They’re excluding the public, the press, and even Members of Congress from this process.
What are they trying to hide? pic.twitter.com/dCp2yaecj1
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) October 16, 2019
🚨 BREAKING → I just asked the Democrat Majority a simple yes or no question: Has the House been authorized to conduct an impeachment inquiry into @realDonaldTrump?
They refused to even answer the question. The Dems literally cut my mic.
This process is a total sham. pic.twitter.com/GdCpoZ1iom
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) October 15, 2019
To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Celebrity singer calls flight attendant ‘racist’ after incident onboard
- REPORT: First Lady Melania Trump given disgusting label on Wikimedia’s Wikidata Site
- POLL: Was Trump’s tweet against Yovanovitch ‘intimidation of a witness’?
- REPORT: State Dept. official confirms Trump-Sondland conversation on Ukraine probes
- EXCLUSIVE: Ilhan Omar threatens Trump amid impeachment hearings
- VIDEO: Trump accuses intelligence inspector general of seeking ‘publicity for himself’
- REPORT: Former WH counsel: Trump ‘should have been impeached the day he walked in’
- BREAKING: Stolen Kansas trailer found, thousands of meals inside meant for homeless vets gone
- REPORT: New witness claims first-hand account of Trump’s push for Ukraine probes
- BREAKING: Boeing 737 forced to divert after engine shuts down