VIDEO: Scalise: People should be alarmed by how Pelosi, Schiff trying to impeach Trump
In a Wednesday tweet, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-La.) wrote: “People all across the country should be alarmed.”
Scalise said House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Cali.) and Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) “are trying to impeach [President Donald J. Trump] behind closed doors.”
Scalise is referring to an impeachment inquiry launched by House Democrats which is being conducted using “closed-door” testimony.
“They’re excluding the public, the press, and even Members of Congress from this process,” Scalise wrote. “What are they trying to hide?”
In a Tuesday tweet, Scalise wrote: “I just asked the Democrat Majority a simple yes or no question: Has the House been authorized to conduct an impeachment inquiry into [President Trump]?
“They refused to even answer the question. The Dems literally cut my mic. This process is a total sham.”
He tweeted the videos below:
People all across the country should be alarmed.
Pelosi and Schiff are trying to impeach @realDonaldTrump behind closed doors. They’re excluding the public, the press, and even Members of Congress from this process.
What are they trying to hide? pic.twitter.com/dCp2yaecj1
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) October 16, 2019
🚨 BREAKING → I just asked the Democrat Majority a simple yes or no question: Has the House been authorized to conduct an impeachment inquiry into @realDonaldTrump?
They refused to even answer the question. The Dems literally cut my mic.
This process is a total sham. pic.twitter.com/GdCpoZ1iom
— Steve Scalise (@SteveScalise) October 15, 2019
To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- WATCH: CNN’s Jim Acosta Shouts at Trump: ‘Is This Still a Democracy?’
- BREAKING: Zuckerberg releases statement on Trump’s controversial tweet about looting and shooting
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests