VIDEO: Republican senator says lawmakers were not told about threat to four embassies during briefing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Republican Sen. Mike Lee of Utah said Trump administration officials did not mention in classified briefings that four American embassies were under threat of attack before the U.S. military killed Iran’s top general.
Lee appeared on CNN’s State of the Union on Sunday to discuss the problems he had with a classified briefing that administration officials gave to congressional lawmakers over U.S. tensions with Iran. Lee walked out of the briefing on Wednesday and slammed it as “probably the worst briefing I’ve seen, at least on a military issue.”
The article goes on to state the following:
President Trump said on Friday in an interview on Fox News that Iran was targeting four U.S. embassies before the strike that killed Iranian Gen. Qassem Soleimani. Trump ordered a drone strike on Soleimani on Jan. 2 after the Iranian military leader orchestrated a violent protest outside of the American Embassy in Baghdad.
“I don’t recall being told that there were four embassies. I’m sure there was a mention of at least one embassy in that briefing because there had been an attack on one of our embassies in the days leading up to general Soleimani’s killing,” Lee said.
GOP Sen. Mike Lee on the integrity of the information Congress has received on the Soleimani strike: “Well, I’m worried. As the United States senator, and as a voter and citizen. I have learned not to simply take the federal government’s word at face value” #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/W4iVCwucXV
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- Gowdy comments on possible Bolton testimony: ‘Why’
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- VIDEO: GOP senator calls CNN reporter a ‘liberal hack’ when asked about Parnas materials
- BREAKING: Senate gives major win to Trump, passes USMCA in sweeping vote, Schumer and Sanders reveal why they voted ‘no’
- TRUMP TWEET: Responds to Pelosi’s announcement on impeachment managers
- REPORT: Pelosi posts record fundraising haul for 2019
- BREAKING: Iraqi refugee launches GOP challenge to Ilhan Omar: ‘She needs to be stopped’ [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Artist paints Michelle Obama, Hillary Clinton, AOC, other women as battered in campaign against domestic violence [PHOTOS]
- REPORT: Collins releases statement about calling witnesses for impeachment trial
- REPORT: DOJ investigating leaks on Russian document that influenced how Comey handled Clinton emails