VIDEO: Rapinoe: Women’s soccer team said THIS about visiting the White House
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
U.S. soccer star Megan Rapinoe said that everyone she spoke with on the U.S. women’s national soccer team does not want to visit President Trump at the White House.
“Every teammate I’ve talked to specifically about it would not go,” Rapinoe said Tuesday to CNN’s Anderson Cooper regarding a potential Trump invitation. “I don’t think anyone on the team has any interest in lending the platform that we’ve worked hard to build and the things that we fight for and the way that we live our life. I don’t think we want that to be co-opted or corrupted by this administration.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Rapinoe previously said that she is ” not going to f—— White House.” Instead, she accepted invitations to visit Congress from both Sen. Chuck Schumer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
Former soccer star Brandi Chastain said she’s been to the White House multiple times, adding that “going to the White House is very special. It’s very historic for our country — it means a lot.”
She also said the new team needed to make its own decision about a visit, but that going was not so much a statement about the president as a statement about how they feel regarding their country.
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant