VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks resolution for whistleblowers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., blocked a resolution that reaffirms the Senate’s support of whistleblower protections.
The move on Wednesday comes after he publicly called for the whistleblower at the heart of the impeachment inquiry to be named publicly.
The article goes on to state the following:
Senate Democrats asked for unanimous consent to pass a resolution calling on Congress and the Trump administration to protect whistleblowers, including the one who filed a complaint alleging the White House attempted to strong-arm Ukraine into investigating a political rival.
Paul objected to the unanimous consent request, saying, “I support whistleblowers, and I do think that they have a role to play in keeping government accountable. They shouldn’t lose their jobs or be prosecuted for their willingness to speak.”
Paul championed his own bill affirming that statutes do not supersede the sixth amendment and that “the president is afforded the right to understand the nature of the allegations against him — and the right to face his accuser,” according to ABC News.
I just took to the Senate floor with Senator @MazieHirono to demand we pass a resolution to defend whistleblowers.
Because to do otherwise would send a chilling message to future patriots that they risk exposure, retaliation, and retribution.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- VIDEO: Prince Andrew’s ex speaks out on Epstein
- REPORT: Pence’s office responds to Sondland’s testimony claiming he raised concerns about investigations
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?
- BREAKING: Britain’s Prince Andrew steps down from public duties, citing Epstein ties