VIDEO: Rand Paul blocks resolution for whistleblowers
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by ABCNews.GO.com:
Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., blocked a resolution that reaffirms the Senate’s support of whistleblower protections.
The move on Wednesday comes after he publicly called for the whistleblower at the heart of the impeachment inquiry to be named publicly.
The article goes on to state the following:
Senate Democrats asked for unanimous consent to pass a resolution calling on Congress and the Trump administration to protect whistleblowers, including the one who filed a complaint alleging the White House attempted to strong-arm Ukraine into investigating a political rival.
Paul objected to the unanimous consent request, saying, “I support whistleblowers, and I do think that they have a role to play in keeping government accountable. They shouldn’t lose their jobs or be prosecuted for their willingness to speak.”
Paul championed his own bill affirming that statutes do not supersede the sixth amendment and that “the president is afforded the right to understand the nature of the allegations against him — and the right to face his accuser,” according to ABC News.
I just took to the Senate floor with Senator @MazieHirono to demand we pass a resolution to defend whistleblowers.
Because to do otherwise would send a chilling message to future patriots that they risk exposure, retaliation, and retribution.
— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) November 6, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit ABCNews.GO.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting ABCNews.GO.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- REPORT: George Floyd protester: ‘We are human beings that want justice’