VIDEO: Putin wears hazmat suit during hospital visit; Moscow mayor issues warning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Russian President Vladimir Putin wore a bright yellow full-body hazmat suit and respirator during a hospital visit in Moscow and the mayor — a close ally of the administration — told him the country’s cases are likely grossly undercounted.
“A serious situation is unfolding,” Mayor Sergei Sobyanin told Putin at a meeting, according to Reuters.
The article goes on to state the following:
So far Russia has less than 700 confirmed cases of COVID-19 — one of the lowest tallies worldwide — and thousands less than countries of its size.
Sobyanin reportedly advised Putin there are “significantly” more people sick with the virus than realized.
The article notes that Russians who had visited other countries such as China had already self-quarantined, but Russia made the move on Tuesday to close theaters, nightclubs and children’s entertainment centers.
Russian lawmakers are also considering legislation that would strongly “encourage” people to self-quarantine – penalties of “up to seven years in jail per every two people killed as a result of exposure, or up to three years for causing mass infection.”
Putin dons hazmat suit as Moscow says coronavirus outbreak is worse than it looks https://t.co/VqxfH0MiZC
— tom balmforth (@BalmforthTom) March 24, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- VIDEO: Elderly woman dies after being assaulted at hospital for violating coronavirus social distancing
- VIDEO: Dolly Parton shares video message about coronavirus pandemic
- VIDEO: CNN’s Cuomo discusses positive coronavirus diagnosis on air: ‘You do not want this’