VIDEO: Putin orders Russia to respond after US missile test
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian military on Friday to work out a quid pro quo response after the test of a new U.S. missile banned under a now-defunct arms treaty.
In Sunday’s test, a modified ground-launched version of a U.S. Navy Tomahawk cruise missile accurately struck its target more than 500 kilometers (310 miles) away. The test came after Moscow and Washington withdrew from the 1987 Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty.
The article goes on to state the following:
Speaking at a meeting of his Security Council, Putin charged that the U.S. waged a “propaganda campaign” alleging Russian breaches of the pact to “untie its hands to deploy the previously banned missiles in different parts of the world.”
He ordered the Defense Ministry and other agencies to “take comprehensive measures to prepare a symmetrical answer.”
The U.S. said it withdrew from the treaty because of Russian violations, a claim that Moscow has denied.
#Putin orders Defense Ministry to take exhaustive measures to prepare a symmetrical response to US cruise missile test
— RT (@RT_com) August 23, 2019
— Ruptly (@Ruptly) August 23, 2019
Russian President Vladimir Putin has ordered his military to prepare a “symmetrical response” to a recent US test of a cruise missile, the Kremlin said in a statement Friday.https://t.co/HDCfgH5psx pic.twitter.com/S2kugmbKoE
— New Day (@NewDay) August 23, 2019
In Sunday’s test, a modified ground-launched version of a U.S. Navy Tomahawk cruise missile accurately struck its target more than 310 miles away. https://t.co/pfvxtV4S3h
— Stars and Stripes (@starsandstripes) August 23, 2019
Russia’s president wants his country to respond following the latest U.S. missile test.https://t.co/BIunFAKnAV
— WSYX ABC 6 (@wsyx6) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting APNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Saudi-led coalition reports evidence indicating who’s to blame for oil plant attacks
- BREAKING: Dog The Bounty Hunter, 66, ‘suffers heart emergency’
- BREAKING: State of New York takes major action to get their hands on Trump’s tax returns
- REPORT: Transgender Worker Gets Fired After Telling Conservative Customer To ‘Get The F*ck Out’
- POLL: Should Kavanaugh sue the New York Times?
- BREAKING: NASCAR champ, 61, dies in plane crash near Rhode Island
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham makes vow amid calls for Kavanaugh impeachment
- VIDEO: The moment Christie Brinkley falls and breaks her arm, ending role on DWTS
- BREAKING: High school friend challenges story of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- REPORT: Fisherman catches strange, ‘dinosaur-like’ creature [PHOTO]