VIDEO: Presidential hopeful: The word ‘socialism’ has lost its meaning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg (D) on Sunday dismissed President Trump’s efforts to portray Democratic policy pitches as “socialism,” arguing that the term no longer carries negative connotations.
“I think he’s clinging to a rhetorical strategy that was very powerful when he was coming of age 50 years ago, but it’s just a little bit different right now,” Buttigieg, the South Bend, Ind., mayor who has launched an exploratory committee to run for president, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Today, I think a word like that is the beginning of a debate, not the end of the debate,” he added.
“If you grew up during that Cold War period, then you saw a time in politics when the word socialism could be used to end an argument. …You can no longer simply kill off a line of discussion about a policy by saying that it’s socialist,” Mayor Pete Buttigieg says #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/lOwZoxRBTd
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 10, 2019
South Bend, Indiana’s mayor is running for president in 2020. He decided to go after Trump and defend Socialism.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- REPORT: Malia Obama’s secret Facebook account reveals her feelings about Trump
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- EXCLUSIVE: Trump shares fierce warning on socialism – here’s how you can help (VIDEO)
- REPORT: Aurora shooter passed 2 gun background checks despite felony conviction – here are his victims (PHOTOS)