VIDEO: Presidential hopeful: The word ‘socialism’ has lost its meaning
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Presidential hopeful Pete Buttigieg (D) on Sunday dismissed President Trump’s efforts to portray Democratic policy pitches as “socialism,” arguing that the term no longer carries negative connotations.
“I think he’s clinging to a rhetorical strategy that was very powerful when he was coming of age 50 years ago, but it’s just a little bit different right now,” Buttigieg, the South Bend, Ind., mayor who has launched an exploratory committee to run for president, said on CNN’s “State of the Union.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“Today, I think a word like that is the beginning of a debate, not the end of the debate,” he added.
“If you grew up during that Cold War period, then you saw a time in politics when the word socialism could be used to end an argument. …You can no longer simply kill off a line of discussion about a policy by saying that it’s socialist,” Mayor Pete Buttigieg says #CNNSOTU pic.twitter.com/lOwZoxRBTd
— CNN Politics (@CNNPolitics) February 10, 2019
South Bend, Indiana’s mayor is running for president in 2020. He decided to go after Trump and defend Socialism.
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense