VIDEO: Pompeo speaks out on IG firing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday doubled down on his request to fire the State Department’s internal watchdog, while also refusing to detail his reason for recommending the move.
“Frankly should have done it some time ago,” Pompeo said during a combative briefing with reporters at the State Department, referring to his request.
The article goes on to state the following:
President Trump notified Congress late Friday evening of his intention to dismiss State Department Inspector General (IG) Steve Linick, who was appointed in 2013 under President Obama, because he had lost confidence in the watchdog.
WATCH Pompeo’s response below:
#BREAKING: Pompeo says he told Trump to fire State Department Inspector General.
“I recommended to the President that Steve Linick be terminated. Frankly, should’ve done it some time ago.” pic.twitter.com/wZ7CD9PHsN
— The Hill (@thehill) May 20, 2020
Pompeo on IG firing: ‘Frankly should have done it some time ago’ https://t.co/PigWUGOw93
— Jason Miller (@JasonMillerinDC) May 20, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Florida sheriff ‘highly recommends’ what home owners should do to looters
- OpEd: STONE: Now That I’m Ungagged, I’d Like To Say A Few Things About My Prosecution
- VIDEO: Officer suspended after punching woman who was beating on fellow officer
- VIDEOS: Bronx streets descend into chaos as looters run wild: ‘Fordham is on fire’
- VIDEO: Ben Carson speaks out on protests and rioting across the nation
- REPORT: DOJ files formal appeal with Supreme Court over House access to Mueller grand jury material
- VIDEO: Ilhan Omar claims rioters were ‘terrorized’ by National Guard, police
- REPORT: Twitter restricts tweet from Rep. Matt Gaetz for ‘glorifying violence’
- REPORT: GOP governor rejects use of military to quell protests
- REPORT: Trump gives Grenell something special after he steps down