VIDEO: Pompeo, Lavrov speak after meeting in Russia
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and his Russian counterpart, Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, are holding a press conference in Sochi Tuesday after their day of meetings. Pompeo had planned a visit to Moscow beforehand, but it was scrapped so that he could travel to Belgium to talk with European officials about the growing threat posed by Iran.
During their remarks, Lavrov appeared to suggest that the two leaders could not agree on the issue of Iran and the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action with regards to the regime’s escalating nuclear ambitions.
“We have many difference here but the fact we will continue to discuss the situation that gives us hope that certain agreements could be reached with the support of the U.S. and Russia,” said Lavrov.
The article goes on to state the following:
Pompeo’s meeting with Lavrov comes after President Trump told reporters Monday that he would be meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin on the sidelines of the upcoming G20 summit of world leaders in Japan.
Despite ongoing concerns over Mr. Trump’s friendliness Putin amid the continuing investigations into Russia’s meddling in the U.S. election process, the president defended his relationship with the leader on Monday, saying that the U.S. has been “strong” against Russia, and that it “makes sense to get along with Russia.”
During an earlier meeting between the two officials, Pompeo said the Trump administration was “committed to improving this relationship” and he hoped this “good faith effort” at the direction of Presidents Trump and Putin would stabilize the relationship.
“I’m sure there will be places where we can’t find common ground,” he said, but he looked forward to the conversations.
— CBS News (@CBSNews) May 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Watch: Students Say Obama Immigration Quote Is ‘Racist’
- REPORT: Green card scam thwarted by ‘best sex ever’ text that arrived as immigration agent was reviewing phone
- REPORT: Brothers, aged 1 and 3, drown after falling into family pool
- REPORT: Justin Bieber makes public appeal to Trump
- REPORT: Smollett Tries To Get Special Prosecutor Dropped, Makes New Claim
- VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe comments on possibility of running for office
- REPORT: ‘I just made it up’… Florida Dem admits lying about Pulse shooting
- VIDEO: Knifeman storms on stage and STABS Tomb Raider star
- REPORT: Twitter Suspends Angel Mom for Posting About Illegal Immigration
- VIDEO: Biden blames Trump for 7-year-old’s ‘racist’ question