VIDEO: Police scanner audio released from terror attack at military base in Corpus Christi
A three-minute clip of police scanner audio has been released from the shooting attack at the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi early Thursday morning.
The attack occurred about 6:15 a.m. as cars were lined up waiting to get onto the base for the day, and the suspect tried to speed through the gate. After his car was stopped by vehicle barriers, he jumped out of the car and began shooting.
The Navy immediately put the base on lockdown, announcing that all gates were closed, due to an active shooter. One sailor was shot, but her protective vest stopped the bullet. The gunman was fatally shot by officials.
The FBI has now confirmed in a brief statement that the attack is terrorism-related, and a second suspect may be at large.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW:
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- DML LIVE: Where’s Obama’s call for violence to stop? [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- VIDEO: Video shows moment woman threw Molotov cocktail at NYPD car
- REPORT: Calls for de Blasio to resign trend on Twitter after comments on NYPD