VIDEO: Pence speaks out on pride flag decision: There’s only room for one flag
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NBCNews.com:
WASHINGTON — Vice President Mike Pence voiced support Monday for the Trump administration’s move to prohibit U.S. embassies from flying the rainbow pride flag on their flagpoles during LGBTQ Pride Month, telling NBC News that “it’s the right decision.”
In an interview with White House correspondent Kristen Welker, Pence confirmed an exclusive report from NBC News that said the U.S. Department of State had rejected requests from at least four U.S. embassies to fly the flag during June. Pence said he was aware the State Department had said the American flag was the only flag that should fly on the flagpoles, and he added, “I support that.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“As the president said on the night we were elected, we’re proud to be able to serve every American,” Pence said when pressed about what he would say to the LGBTQ community that feels the decision runs counter to President Donald Trump celebrating Pride Month in a tweet.
“We both feel that way very passionately, but when it comes to the American flagpole, and American embassies, and capitals around the world, having the one American flag fly I think is the right decision,” the vice president added.
Brief note from DML News:
If you feel the same as Pence – there’s only one flag – and you want to show your pride in the U.S. flag, you’ll like this patriotic bumper sticker that sends a powerful message!
Mike Pence confirmed the U.S. had rejected American embassies’ requests to fly the rainbow flag during Pride Month, saying only “one flag should fly.” https://t.co/mk1m6bOCMd
— HuffPost (@HuffPost) June 11, 2019
VP Pence says he supports the pride flag not flying on US embassy flagpoles: “It’s the right decision.” https://t.co/ZbERo3jd7G
— NBC News (@NBCNews) June 11, 2019
Pence says move to bar rainbow flags outside U.S. embassies was ‘the right decision’ https://t.co/D7ci7hJqYG
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) June 11, 2019
Mike Pence chimes in with his opinion on the administration’s rainbow flag ban at U.S. embassies https://t.co/yTzRyIZqHr
— AlterNet (@AlterNet) June 11, 2019
Mike Pence backs ban on Pride flags at U.S. embassies https://t.co/4Bo3kOEoJc
— Washington Blade (@WashBlade) June 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit NBCNews.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News founder Dennis Michael Lynch discusses the homeless crisis in America and premiers 15-min of his new film on the subject in the video below. Watch:
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NBCNews.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Democrats Kill GOP Effort to Censure Schiff
- REPORT: Pelosi Should Be President, Not That ‘Whore’ Trump, Singer Declares
- REPORT: Democrats introduce ‘SWAMP’ Act to restrict Trump’s meetings with foreign leaders
- BREAKING: 2020 survey reveals Trump expands base, beating 3 of top four Dems, tied with one
- REPORT: Judge deals blow to Jussie Smollett
- VIDEO: Sanders makes big declaration about Ocasio-Cortez’ future in his administration
- REPORT: Fox News’ Wallace Wants to ‘Smear and Cause Trouble’ with Anonymous Impeachment Claim, Former Colleague Accuses
- BREAKING: White House nixes Trump picks to take over DHS
- CLAIM: Top Democrats reconsidering 2020 bid for WH as Biden stumbles, Kellyanne Conway responds
- VIDEO: McConnell speaks out on Trump lynching comment