VIDEO: Pelosi falsely claims court fight for Ukraine impeachment witnesses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Democrats are fighting to force impeachment witnesses who defied congressional subpoenas related to Ukraine to testify, but so far, no court cases against the four key figures exist.
Pelosi made the misleading claim in an ABC interview Sunday in response to comments about Republican critics saying House Democrats could’ve done more to exhaust their alternatives when Trump officials refused to show up to testify at the behest of the president, including bringing those cases to court and played a clip by Republican Sen. Susan Collins of Maine saying that “the House chose not to go to court to enforce its subpoenas, so there are gaps in what the House has sent us.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“That isn’t even true,” Pelosi said. “We are in court on the witnesses. It could take a very long time.”
Pelosi: “Clinton allowed witnesses to come forward. Pres.Trump has prevented that from happening.”@GStephanopoulos: “Why not wait for the courts to rule?”
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 12, 2020
.@SpeakerPelosi said Democrats are fighting to force impeachment witnesses who defied congressional subpoenas related to Ukraine to testify.
But so far, no court cases against the four key figures exist.https://t.co/zDDPv1agP6
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase