VIDEO: Pelosi defends holding onto impeachment articles, accuses McConnell of supporting ‘cover-up’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi confirmed Sunday that she and fellow Democrats will soon discuss sending articles of impeachment against President Trump to the Senate for a trial, and defended her decision to wait weeks to do so.
Pelosi has faced criticism from Republicans for not allowing the impeachment process to move forward, and even some Democrats have expressed impatience. Still, she insists it has been an effective strategy.
The article goes on to state the following:
“No, no, no — we feel that it has produced a very positive result,” Pelosi said on ABC’s “This Week,” pointing to new information that has surfaced former National Security Adviser John Bolton’s announcement that he is now willing to testify in the Senate under subpoena.
Senate Republicans responded to the delay by introducing an amendment to Senate rules that would allow the dismissal of the impeachment case if Pelosi failed to send the articles within 25 days. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell supported the resolution, leading Pelosi to accuse him of being engaged in a “cover-up.”
“Dismissing is a cover-up,” Pelosi stated.
“No, no, no,” Speaker Pelosi tells @GStephanopoulos when asked if she has “second thoughts” about waiting to send the articles of impeachment, adding that it “produced a positive result” and highlights the importance of having “witnesses and documents.” https://t.co/Xndqizfmxr pic.twitter.com/3MVWeg90ws
— ABC News Politics (@ABCPolitics) January 12, 2020
Speaker Nancy Pelosi tells @GStephanopoulos she will be “consulting” with her members Tuesday morning and they will vote on when to send the articles of impeachment over to the Senate. https://t.co/vjv6irmFyr pic.twitter.com/9b2XCuV3J5
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) January 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Chaffetz weighs in as media heaps praise on Adam Schiff
- EXCLUSIVE: Fox News to host town hall for 2020 Dem candidate… again
- VIDEO: Dad Confronts Warren On Student Loan Forgiveness
- TRUMP TWEETS: Mocks Bloomberg, who quickly responds
- REPORT: Canadian-born singer celebrates new US citizenship beside voter registration booth [PHOTO]
- VIDEO: Massive brawl at college game goes viral
- REPORT: Lindsey Graham reports record fundraising haul in fourth quarter
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- TRUMP TWEETS: Unleashes on Schiff and Dems over impeachment trial in major Twitterstorm
- VIDEO: California man dies after hurtling 400 feet across river in his Mercedes after 100 mph police chase