VIDEO: Pelosi declares House will hold criminal contempt votes against two Trump cabinet members
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the House will vote next week on criminal contempt citations against Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.
The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee advanced the contempt citations last month after Barr and Ross failed to comply with subpoenas requested by committee Chairman Elijah Cummings of Maryland.
The article goes on to state the following:
Democrats and the Trump administration are feuding over Trump’s desire to include a citizenship question on the 2020 census.
Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “Next week the full House will vote on a resolution of criminal contempt for Attorney General Barr and Secretary Ross so we can force our subpoenas and get the facts” https://t.co/gUWlalg6zY pic.twitter.com/qChLWprdm2
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) July 11, 2019
Pelosi says they will move criminal contempt on the floor next week for Attorney General William Barr and Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross over the census
— Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) July 11, 2019
The House will vote Tuesday to hold the Admin in contempt of Congress after defying subpoenas for documents explaining the effort to add a citizenship question to the #Census. We will hold this Admin accountable for continued obstruction & oppose efforts to undermine the census.
— Steny Hoyer (@LeaderHoyer) July 11, 2019
Criminal contempt citations are coming for Bill Barr and Wilbur Ross, Democrats announce.
The citations would be referred to the Justice Department where they are likely to be rejected.https://t.co/LClxIceogS
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) July 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Ocasio-Cortez gets new 2020 challenger: a Republican immigrant