VIDEO: Off-duty tech workers help the homeless reconnect with loved ones
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
In downtown San Francisco, on any given block, signs of a supersonic tech economy share streets with people who are all but forgotten. Though it’s unlikely they have much in common, the goodwill of a few are bringing them together in hopes of making miracles.
It starts with off-duty tech workers who volunteer to be “digital detectives,” reports CBS News’ Meg Oliver. Databases, apps and online searches are part of their arsenal to locate people who made a difference in a homeless person’s past. Then, they send a message.
The article goes on to state the following:
Aptly called Miracle Messages, it’s the brainchild of Kevin Adler, whose homeless uncle became part of his life after 30 years of separation.
“We always hear about the mental health, the addiction, the substance abuse. That accounts for about a third of homelessness. But a third is related to economic dislocation,” Adler told CBS News’ Meg Oliver. “So you know, job loss, eviction. The other third is related to relational brokenness – so loss of a loved one, a death in the family, getting kicked out of home, a divorce or separation. And so what we’re doing is we’re targeting that aspect of homelessness and saying, ‘Hey, you know you have family and friends. You have social supports. Let’s record a message.'”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: The Border Wall Fight Just Got To The Supreme Court
- REPORT: Remains found in Oregon believed to be missing “Seinfeld” actor
- REPORT: No sharing: Ilhan Omar says AOC ‘squad’ is ‘trying to grab’ power from leadership
- REPORT: Magnitude 7.3 earthquake hits…
- REPORT: Presidential candidate tells House Dems to ‘f–k off’ after attack on AOC’s ally
- Pelosi slams Trump for suggesting Dem lawmakers return to their home countries, DML responds
- BREAKING: Major development in deal between Trump and Guatemala
- TWEET: Trump doubles down after telling Democratic congresswomen to ‘go back’ to their countries
- REPORT: New WSJ poll shows Trump vs Biden results
- POLL: Do you agree with Trump, should Rep Omar return to her home country