VIDEO: Off-duty tech workers help the homeless reconnect with loved ones
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
In downtown San Francisco, on any given block, signs of a supersonic tech economy share streets with people who are all but forgotten. Though it’s unlikely they have much in common, the goodwill of a few are bringing them together in hopes of making miracles.
It starts with off-duty tech workers who volunteer to be “digital detectives,” reports CBS News’ Meg Oliver. Databases, apps and online searches are part of their arsenal to locate people who made a difference in a homeless person’s past. Then, they send a message.
The article goes on to state the following:
Aptly called Miracle Messages, it’s the brainchild of Kevin Adler, whose homeless uncle became part of his life after 30 years of separation.
“We always hear about the mental health, the addiction, the substance abuse. That accounts for about a third of homelessness. But a third is related to economic dislocation,” Adler told CBS News’ Meg Oliver. “So you know, job loss, eviction. The other third is related to relational brokenness – so loss of a loved one, a death in the family, getting kicked out of home, a divorce or separation. And so what we’re doing is we’re targeting that aspect of homelessness and saying, ‘Hey, you know you have family and friends. You have social supports. Let’s record a message.'”
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 13, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit CBSNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting CBSNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Supreme Court conservatives signal possible support for census citizenship question
- BREAKING: Militia leader allegedly said group was ‘training’ to kill Obama, Clinton, and Soros
- VIDEO: Woman missing for five days is found alive in her wrecked car
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar claims US forces killed ‘thousands’ of Somalis in resurfaced tweet
- VIDEO: Hillary Clinton breaks her silence on Mueller report, discusses potential Trump impeachment
- REPORT: Jacqui Saburido, who became the face of anti-drunk driving campaigns, dead at age 40 [VIDEOS]
- REPORT: Jordan demands answers over Democrats’ secret meetings about Trump-focused probes
- FACT CHECK: Did Ilhan Omar Tweet ‘They Reap What They Sow’ During The Notre Dame Fire?
- REPORT: US military reviewing rules after soldiers on American soil surrendered pistol to Mexican troops
- TRUMP TWITTER STORM: Announcement, “PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!”, “COUP Update”, Melania’s Easter tweet and more!