VIDEO: ‘I Never Said That’: CBP Chief Corrects CNN On ICE Raids
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The acting commissioner of Customs and Border Protection defended the decision to conduct a recording-breaking operation, and he made clear that his agency’s crackdown of illegal immigration is not solely focused on violent criminals.
“You and the president said just a few weeks ago that the pending ICE raids coming down the pipe were going to be focused on violent criminals. That’s not what happened here in Mississippi. Why not?” CNN’s Jake Tapper asked CBP acting chief Mark Morgan on Sunday, referring to government’s Wednesday arrest of 680 suspected illegal immigrants.
The article goes on to state the following:
Morgan, however, said he never made those comments.
“First of all, I never said that the raids — as you call — were focused on violent criminals. I’ve never said that,” the acting commissioner responded. “I think words matter. These aren’t raids. These are targeted law enforcement operations, and in this case, this was a joint criminal investigation with ICE and the Department of Justice targeting worksite enforcement.”
Tapper admitted that he’d misquoted Morgan.
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- BREAKING: Justice Department inspector general reportedly completes FISA abuse investigation [VIDEO]
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- REPORT: Pelosi again breaks with Democrats on impeachment
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: AOC takes heat from Heartland conservatives over her mocking video about Electoral College