VIDEO: ‘Murderers and drug addicts don’t get nine years’: Trump wants prosecutors to ‘APOLOGIZE’ to Roger Stone
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
WASHINGTON — President Trump congratulated his attorney general on Wednesday for intervening to lower the Justice Department’s sentencing recommendation for the president’s longtime friend Roger J. Stone Jr., broadening concerns that the department is ceding its independence to the White House.
Later on Wednesday, Mr. Trump said that Mr. Stone was treated “very badly,” and that prosecutors “ought to apologize to him.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Speaking to reporters in the Oval Office ahead of a meeting with President Lenín Moreno of Ecuador, Mr. Trump denied that his tweet about Mr. Barr was political and called the prosecution of Mr. Stone “a disgrace.”
Trump was asked if he would pardon Stone.
“I don’t want to say that yet,” the president replied. “But I tell you what, people were hurt viciously and badly by these corrupt people.”
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) February 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting NYTimes.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- BREAKING: Harvey Weinstein rerouted to hospital on way to jail
- REPORT: NY paper suggests how Democrats may try to get Ocasio-Cortez out of Congress
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax