VIDEO: MSNBC legal analyst makes prediction on Roe v. Wade in wake of Alabama bill
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
MSNBC legal analyst Danny Cevallos told the “Morning Joe” panel Wednesday that with Alabama’s enactment of the most restrictive anti-abortion bill in the country, there’s a good chance it could eventually lead to Roe v. Wade being overturned by the Supreme Court.
“This is about the Supreme Court Justice [Brett Kavanaugh]. You’ve heard it from activists inside the state of Alabama. One saying, quote, ‘Why not go all the way?’ This was not possible until this moment. We feel like we’ve got a chance. If this makes it to the Supreme Court, to overturn Roe v. Wade,” host Willie Geist said.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There is a very good chance if this makes it to the Supreme Court that Roe v. Wade would be overturned because we’ve known since the ‘70s that Roe v. Wade stands on a weak foundational basis,” Cevallos said. “Whether you’re pro-life or pro-choice, Roe v. Wade is really about, do we have an individual, fundamental — do women have a privacy right in the Constitution that overrides state legislatures’ abilities to make laws affecting abortion.
“It is interesting to note, the year 1900, almost every state prohibited abortion. By the time Roe v. Wadewas decided, it was down to 30 states. The trend was that abortion … prohibiting abortion was going away. But now, by giving it to the Supreme Court, it creates a precedent that can be overturned, and the bottom line is that even if you are pro-choice, the right to privacy does not exist, either in the history or the text of the Constitution, which is why Roe has always been ripe to be overturned,” he said.
An analyst concluded that if the bill does get taken up to the Supreme Court, then Roe v. Wade is in jeopardy of being overturned.https://t.co/VCNIcRZF10
— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- UPDATE: Trump responds to U.S. judge’s ruling on financial records
- REPORT: House Democrat shares text exchange with son about impeaching Trump
- BREAKING: Cohen identified which Trump associate told him to lie, allegedly
- VIDEO: Trump holds MAGA rally in Pennsylvania
- VIDEO: Anti-Trump actor makes odd statement about Trump winning in 2020
- BREAKING: DOJ offers a deal to House Intel Committee if Schiff drops threat against Barr
- BREAKING: Nadler goes after two former Trump White House aides with subpoenas
- REPORT: Lynch on whether Obama ordered politically motivated infiltration of Trump campaign
- REPORT: Fox News commentator attacks Trump, fires back at his criticism of the channel
- REPORT: Crenshaw breaks with Trump on Navy SEAL case