VIDEO: Movie portraying liberals hunting and killing conservatives to be released
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Variety.com:
Universal and Blumhouse are ready to unveil “The Hunt,” a satiric thriller that follows a group of liberal elites who try to track down and kill “red state” conservatives for sport, after canceling its initial theatrical release last year. In an interview with Variety, producer Jason Blum and co-writer Damon Lindelof argued that the film has been mischaracterized as biased towards Trump supporters and argued that it does not advocate violence.
“This is not a dangerous movie,” Lindelof said. “This is not a provocative movie. This is not a divisive movie.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The filmmakers may have intended to be equal opportunity in their portrayal of liberals as caviar and champagne swilling snobs and conservatives as gun-toting survivalists, but “The Hunt” became a hot potato before the public had even seen the film. “The Hunt,” which was the subject of criticism from President Donald Trump, was originally supposed to hit theaters on Sept. 27, 2019. In the wake of mounting controversy and the Dayton and El Paso mass shootings, Universal cancelled those plans, pulling it from the release calendar.
In the interview with Variety, Blum declared, “We felt like everybody got it wrong because no one had seen the movie. It was the most talked about movie that no one has ever seen. So what both of us were very eager for people to see the movie and realize that the movie is 100% satire and pokes fun at both sides equally.”
Below is a trailer of the film, which opens in theaters on Friday, March 13.
Variety further describes the movie: “In “The Hunt,” rich liberals who hunt the conservatives refer to their prey as “deplorables” and disparage “our ratf—er-in-chief” in a text exchange (Trump is never mentioned by name). In another scene, a liberal hunter shoots a man after saying, “climate change is real.””
— The Hunt (@TheHuntMov) February 11, 2020
— Variety (@Variety) February 11, 2020
— The Hill (@thehill) February 11, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit Variety.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting Variety.com
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Black Guns Matter founder mocks potential Bloomberg-Clinton ticket with ‘SUPER’ nickname
- REPORT: Soros demands ouster of Zuckerberg, Sandberg from Facebook
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain gets into fiery spat with Joy Behar over Bloomberg
- Last day for FREE MIRACLE ME MINI
- First Look At Bloomberg’s Super Bowl Ad
- REPORT: Trump slams LA mayor for ‘urging illegals to beat the system’
- VIDEO: Greg Gutfeld speculates on why Bloomberg is ‘getting a pass’
- REPORT: Limbaugh says Trump advised him after Buttigieg remarks
- VIDEO: Jason Chaffetz comments on why ‘deep state’ is ‘scared to death’ of Trump
- REPORT: Romanian immigrant who once drove for Trump is in ICE custody