VIDEO: “Morning Joe” rips GOP for repeating conspiracy theories, then guest accuses “the entire GOP” of…
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
MSNBC “Morning Joe” host Joe Scarborough and other panelists on his show ripped Republicans on Monday for repeating conspiracy theories, with Financial Times editor Edward Luce accusing “the entire GOP” of being assets of Russia.
Luce’s remarks, and the general discussion on “Morning Joe,” were fueled by comments made by Sen. John Kennedy (R-La.) on Sunday’s “Meet the Press.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Kennedy tangled with the show’s host, Chuck Todd, after the senator said former Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko “actively worked for” 2016 Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Todd ripped Kennedy for his statements arguing that Ukraine interfered in the election.
According to Scarborough, Kennedy is getting his talking points from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
“You have Republicans going on national television repeating Putin talking points,” Scarborough said Monday in reference to Kennedy after Todd made the same correlation on Sunday.
Scarborough said Russia was the country that interfered in the 2016 election, not Ukraine, citing U.S. intelligence agencies.
“The United States Senate even got a warning from the intel agencies, Donald Trump’s intel agencies, that this is propaganda that Vladimir Putin has been trying to push for the past several years,” Scarborough said. “We know with Donald Trump, all roads lead to Moscow. All roads lead to Putin. We know that. The question is, why is the Republican Party, why are conservatives who claim to be against Russian expansionism and authoritarianism, why are they willingly repeating Russian talking points made up by an ex-KGB officer?”
Luce eventually pointed to comments made by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to support a theory that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.
Ahead of the 2016 election, McCarthy was recorded claiming that Trump was being paid off by Putin, which aides later explained as a “joke” made by the congressman.
Luce said one could “extrapolate from Kevin McCarthy’s words, to say that the entire GOP is a Russian asset.”
Morning Joe Slams Republicans for Repeating Putin Talking Points: ‘The Entire GOP is a Russian Asset’ https://t.co/ZWGITmnzAe
— Mediaite (@Mediaite) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- JUST IN: Anti-impeachment Democrat poised to switch parties
- REPORT: Asian American groups call on NBC to sever ties with Jay Leno after ‘eating dogs’ joke
- VIDEO: Chaos Erupts in London as Leftists Clash with Cops After Election
- VIDEO: College student, 18, beaten and stabbed to death in savage mugging near NYC park
- DML LIVE: Trump thrives in Florida (Thurs – Dec 5)
- EXCLUSIVE: Miracles do happen, here is the proof
- VIDEO: New alarms raised about a popular home security company
- BREAKING: House Judiciary Committee VOTES on articles of impeachment against Trump, Gohmert leaves nothing to chance [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain slams claims that detention centers are ‘torture facilities’
- VIDEO: Intel chief loses patience with Schiff in tense hearing