VIDEO: Mike Rowe weighs in on ‘snowplow’ parents and the college admissions scandal
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Television host and author Mike Rowe believes that the American people should be just as outraged with the skyrocketing cost of higher education as they are with the celebrities exposed in the college admissions cheating scandal.
Rowe, who is best known for his Discovery Channel show “Dirty Jobs,” also argues in favor of more vocational jobs and said that “not everyone has to go to college” during an appearance on “Fox & Friends” on Friday.
The article goes on to state the following:
He was responding to questions regarding the scandal which has ensnared Hollywood, leaving actresses Lori Loughlin and Felicity Huffman facing jail time for bribing university employees to get their children into good schools.
“I think it is interesting that when wealthy people cheat, we get angrier than we do when middle-class people cheat,” Rowe said about the media frenzy which has surrounded the case. “It’s kind of fun to be outraged at people who are clearly privileged and don’t ‘need to cheat’, but ethics have nothing to do with money, right?… On the one hand, yeah, it is outrageous what happened. But it’s also outrageous that the cost of college has increased faster than the cost of health care, real estate, food, energy,” he continued.
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’