VIDEO: Michigan lawmaker sues Whitmer, fellow Dems over censure after she met with President Trump
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by MLIVE.COM:
DETROIT — State Rep. Karen Whitsett, D-Detroit, filed a federal lawsuit Thursday against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer and several fellow Democrats, claiming violations of free speech and defamation.
Specifically, Whitsett claimed Whitmer and the 13th Congressional District Democratic Party Organization sought to deprive her of her right to engage in protected speech after she publicly thanked President Donald Trump for his suggestion of using the drug hydroxychloroquine to treat her coronavirus case.
The article goes on to state the following:
Whitsett contracted the virus in March and has been open about her appreciation for the president’s suggestion, which she says saved her life. While it remains unproven that hydroxychloroquine can effectively treat COVID-19, it is used to prevent malaria and to treat rheumatoid arthritis, lupus and complications of Lyme disease. Whitsett suffers from Lyme disease, and was aware hydroxychloroquine can be used to treat that disease, but didn’t know until the president mentioned it that it was being testing for use against COVID-19.
Whitsett was invited to the White House for a meeting with President Trump on April 14, and thanked the president at that time for promoting the drug.
After the meeting, she was blasted, and then censured by Michigan Democrats, and personally rebuked by Governor Whitmer.
Whitmer told President Trump she had filed the lawsuit when he was in Michigan on Thursday.
BREAKING: Democrat State Rep. Karen Whitsett tells President Trump she has filed a lawsuit against Governor Gretchen Whitmer. pic.twitter.com/GW04kB0dRR
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 21, 2020
Democratic Michigan State Rep. Karen Whitsett speaks at an event with President Trump. pic.twitter.com/LlSkNWOyFd
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 21, 2020
Democrat Rep. Karen Whitsett beat COVID-19 by taking Hydroxycloroquin.
She thanked President Trump.@realDonaldTrump met with her & even offered this Democrat Rep. his personal doctor.
Our Media REFUSE to show you these stories – so we will.
— Benny (@bennyjohnson) May 19, 2020
Lawmaker from Detroit sues Whitmer, fellow Democrats over censure after she met with President Trump https://t.co/jtJnOgd4Ny
— Kalamazoo Gazette (@Kzoo_Gazette) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit MLIVE.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting MLIVE.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Incredible video of undercover officer disarming man who stole rifle from police
- VIDEO: Dallas business owner trying to defend store beaten and stoned by rioters – DML responds
- BREAKING: Historic church near White House set on fire by rioters [VIDEO]
- VIDEO: Professor who predicted Trump’s 2016 win explains who he thinks will win between Trump/Biden
- Daily Deal: Miracle Me Mini
- REPORT: Sessions Admits Trump’s Frustration With Russia Probe ‘Not All Unjustified’
- VIDEO: Minnesota governor makes announcement authorizing National Guard
- REPORT: Police make terrible discovery at former home of couple arrested in abuse case
- VIDEO: Dozens of volunteers descend on Minneapolis to clean up after riots
- REPORT: George Floyd protester: ‘We are human beings that want justice’