VIDEO: Michigan AG blasts Trump after he goes without mask on part of Ford plant tour
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) said President Trump’s decision not to wear a mask at a Ford plant in her state Thursday shows he is a “petulant child who refuses to follow the rules.”
“The president is a petulant child who refuses to follow the rules, and I have to say, this is no joke,” Nessel said during an on-air appearance on CNN Thursday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Nessel joined other Democrats in criticizing Trump for what they consider failing to set an example. Vice President Pence was criticized earlier this month for not wearing a mask inside the Mayo Clinic campus in Minnesota.
ICYMI: Michigan AG @DanaNessel joined @CNN to talk about President Trump’s visit to Michigan and the importance of taking safety precautions, like wearing a mask in public spaces. pic.twitter.com/rgimLfYjCY
— Democratic AGs (@DemocraticAGs) May 21, 2020
When asked by a reporter on why he wasn’t wearing a mask, President Trump responded, “I was given a choice. I had one on in an area where they preferred it, so I put it on, and it was very nice.”
REPORTER: Can you explain why you decided not to wear a mask?
TRUMP: “Well I did wear — I had one on before. I wore one in this back area. But I didn’t want to give the press the pleasure of seeing it.”
R: But the executives are wearing them.
TRUMP: “That’s their choice.” pic.twitter.com/WuNFNrYkxm
— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) May 21, 2020
— Caleb Hull (@CalebJHull) May 21, 2020
Thursday morning, Nessel had declared that if President Trump refused to wear a mask while in Michigan, he would be asked not to come back.
“He is portraying the worst possible message to those who can’t afford to be on the receiving end. It’s very, very concerning,” she said.
#BREAKING: Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel: “If [President Trump] fails to wear a mask, he is going to be asked NOT TO RETURN to any unclosed facilities inside our state.” https://t.co/nzb4GYXvrg pic.twitter.com/UaSzeDs7FO
— The Hill (@thehill) May 21, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate
- REPORT: Democrats ask for investigation of DOJ decision to drop Flynn case [READ LETTER]