VIDEO: Megan Rapinoe Agrees With Conservative Critics In Comments On ‘Equal Pay’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
On Tuesday night, U.S. Women’s Soccer star Megan Rapinoe appeared on MSNBC’s “The Rachel Maddow Show” to discuss her team’s World Cup win, and of course, politics. During the interview, Rapinoe actually made the same point about the so-called “gender wage gap” that has been made countless times from the Right: women are paid less than men because they generate less revenue.
Maddow highlighted that U.S. soccer fans in France chanting “equal pay” in the moments after the women’s team won another World Cup final and asked the star forward how fans can help make “equal pay” a reality.
Rapinoe suggested that fans could first an foremost “come to games.”
“Obviously national team games will be hot ticket, but we have nine teams in the NWSL, you can go to your league games, you can support that way,” Rapinoe said.
“You can buy players’ jerseys, you can lend your support that way, you can tell your friends about it, you can become season ticket holders,” she added.
The article goes on to state the following:
In other words, fans can help the team generate more money, thus leading to the female players being paid more.
Megan Rapinoe on how fans can support the fight for equal pay: Come to games, buy jerseys, become season ticket holders, tell your friends about it. pic.twitter.com/Zooy7C3tEy
— MSNBC (@MSNBC) July 10, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting The Daily Wire
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: CBS’s Gayle King asks Pressley whether calling Trump ‘occupant’ of the Oval Office is respectful
- VIDEO: ‘Morning Joe’ drags out nearly 30-yr-old footage of Trump with Jeffrey Epstein at Mar-a-Lago party
- BREAKING: Major development in sexual assault case against actor Kevin Spacey
- REPORT: Republican support for Trump shifts after his ‘go back’ tweets
- REPORT: Here are the 95 Democrats who voted to support impeachment
- BREAKING: Judge makes sudden announcement on probe tied to Trump hush-money payments
- REPORT: NBC Fails To Mention Democrat Who Entered Mar-A-Lago Alongside Epstein In 1992
- REPORT: House Dems Unload On ‘The Squad’ — ‘It Makes People’s Skin Crawl’
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump
- VIDEO: GOP senator tears into ‘The Squad’ with stunning description