VIDEO: Mayor Won’t Say She Was ‘Wrong’ — As Promised — To Republican Governor
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by The Daily Wire:
Weeks ago, liberal Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms was publicly criticizing Republican Governor of Georgia Brian Kemp for loosening lockdown restrictions, and, according to local media, actively looking for legal avenues to buck his order. In fact, at the time, Bottoms promised she’d tell the governor she was “wrong” if there wasn’t the huge spike in hospitalizations and deaths that she feared and most certainly anticipated would transpire in the days and weeks following the state’s reopening.
Bottoms’ predicted apocalypse never materialized, of course. But neither has her admission to the governor that she was wrong.
The article goes on to state the following:
During an appearance on MSNBC this week, the mayor admitted the reopening wasn’t “as bad” as she thought it would be, but refused to go as far as to admit she was “wrong.” She was given ample cover from left-wing anchor Brian Williams, of course.
Williams said, “I think I remember you saying that you hoped to be wrong, that you hoped the situation would be better than you feared, and that if you were in fact wrong, you would say to the governor, ‘I was wrong.
“Is it a little muddier than being able to say, ‘I was right’ or “I was wrong’?” he continued. “Are we as of the time of this conversation somewhere in the middle, do you think?”
“Well, what I can say, Brian, is it’s not as bad as I thought that it would be,” Bottoms acknowledged. “So, I am pleased about that, but I still think it’s too soon to say.”
“My big concern is as it gets warmer & warmer in Georgia…we will see fewer people with masks on. This is going to be the time that we really give a good look at our numbers & what impact our aggressive reopening has on our positive cases in the state.” – Mayor @KeishaBottoms pic.twitter.com/c9Unu9PG74
— City of Atlanta, GA (@CityofAtlanta) May 18, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit The Daily Wire. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting The Daily Wire
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- REPORT: Utah National Guard confirms they were kicked out of DC hotel, Trump, GOP senators react
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate