VIDEO: Maxine Waters makes shocking claim that rich donors should influence elections
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FreeBeacon:
Rep. Maxine Waters (D., Calif.) said that California should have more influence over the Democratic primary process because the state has so many wealthy donors.
“We have candidates who fly out to Los Angeles from everywhere to raise money,” Waters said Thursday on CNBC. “You would have two, three, four at a time in Beverly Hills having dinners and some of our contributors, who are very rich, were holding fancy parties, trying to accommodate the requests for donations and contributions.”
The article goes on to state the following:
“The thinking is that if we are supplying tremendous dollars to candidates, we ought to have more say,” she added.
Waters argued that Iowa and New Hampshire should no longer be the first states to hold their primaries, because “certainly they are not reflective of the makeup of this country.”
WATCH her statement in the short video below:
Waters: California Should Have More Say Over Primary Process Because of Its Rich Donors and Fancy Partieshttps://t.co/WshX6UQjPp
— Free Beacon (@FreeBeacon) February 14, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit FreeBeacon. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FreeBeacon
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McCarthy weighs in on socialism in the 2020 race
- REPORT: New survey reveals chances of a Sanders-Warren ticket
- VIDEO: Trump wants top Democrat investigated for leak of Russia briefing
- VIDEO: Trump administration rule to restrict green cards for welfare-reliant immigrants takes effect
- EXCLUSIVE: Clinton accuser Juanita Broaddrick issues statement on Weinstein verdict
- WATCH: Amazing takedown of suspect by K9 cop
- VIDEO: Doug Collins offers insight into plans to learn more about Durham investigation at Barr hearing
- VIDEO: Karl Rove: ‘Not so fast’ on narrative that Bernie Sanders is the front-runner
- VIDEO: Pelosi takes to the streets in San Francisco. Here’s why
- VIDEO: Black, gay Republican blasts Jussie Smollett for hate crime hoax