VIDEO: Lindsey Graham debuts massive immigration reform targeting Central American migrants
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:
Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., on Wednesday introduced an immigration bill aimed at curtailing the record-high number of immigrant families traveling from Central America to the United States in hope of attaining asylum.
Graham’s bill would allow the Department of Homeland Security to immediately deport most unaccompanied children from Central America; double the number of federal immigration judges in order to more quickly decide asylum cases; force all asylum-seekers to apply for credible fear at processing centers in their home countries; and allow those in Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody to be held up to 100 days while their credible fear and asylum proceedings go forward.
The article goes on to state the following:
“We have a perfect storm brewing at the border because of a series of broken and outdated laws related to asylum and children,” Graham, a member of the 2012 Gang of Eight that unsuccessfully attempted to come up with bipartisan immigration reforms, said in a statement.
Graham’s bill would allow DHS to…
-deport most unaccompanied kids
-double # of immigration judges
-force asylum-seekers to apply for credible fear at processing centers in home countries
-allow those in ICE custody to be held 100 days while cases proceed https://t.co/tew6hwU0ww
— Anna Giaritelli (@Anna_Giaritelli) May 15, 2019
.@CBP Chief Operating Officer John Sanders: “So far this fiscal year we’ve apprehended nearly 520,000 people on the Southern Border. In the past seven days we have average over 4,500 arrests per day.” pic.twitter.com/njLXkHqaiB
— CSPAN (@cspan) May 15, 2019
Sen. @LindseyGrahamSC: “To my Democratic colleagues: your credibility on this issue is pretty low right now. You need to understand that you were wrong. This was a real problem. To the president: you need to do more than talk about fixing it. You need to fix it.” pic.twitter.com/WfEbYUcKFU
— CSPAN (@cspan) May 15, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: McConnell: Trump is ‘on to something’
- VIDEO: AOC, Ilhan Omar roll out new label for President Trump
- REPORT: Does this photo prove Trump tormentor’s marriage a sham? Omar with husbands
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton slams Trump rally: ‘The time has come again’
- VIDEO: Elijah Cummings goes ballistic at DHS head during hearing
- BREAKING: Senator hospitalized after fall
- VIDEO: Trey Gowdy: ‘Nobody cares what Congress does … ‘
- REPORT: New hashtag for Ilhan Omar starts trending after crowd at Trump rally chants ‘Send her back’
- REPORT: How Ilhan Omar tried to shut down rumors she married her BROTHER
- VIDEO: Pro-impeachment Dem walks off live CNN interview: ‘I have to run’