VIDEO: Kamala Harris rallies with McDonald’s workers striking for higher wages
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.) rallied with McDonald’s workers striking in Nevada on Friday, where she told a crowd that workers at the franchise should be paid “livable wages.”
At a strike in Las Vegas organized by the activist group Fight for $15, the California senator marched with protesters before addressing a crowd, speaking about her own experience working as a former student.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I worked at McDonald’s. I was a student when I worked at McDonald’s,” she said. “There was not a family relying on me to pay the rent, put food on the table.”
Sen. @KamalaHarris rallies with striking McDonald’s workers in Las Vegas.
The workers want the right to unionize and a $15 an hour minimum wage. pic.twitter.com/Hul7B2Fius
— The Hill (@thehill) June 15, 2019
I worked at @McDonalds when I was a student, doing french fries and ice cream. There wasn’t a family relying on me to pay the bills — but that’s the reality for too many workers today. Proud to stand with @SEIU today for livable wages and a safe working environment. pic.twitter.com/essu9q63JF
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) June 14, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: New revelations about how intelligence whistleblower obtained knowledge of the communications
- JUST IN: Two killed, 8 injured in bar violent shooting: ‘The sheer magnitude of injury is like none I have seen’
- VIDEO: ‘Staunch’ Democrats switch to Trump: ‘He’s our guy’
- REPORT: Women can go topless in 6 states after federal ruling
- BREAKING: Authorities arrest suspect in connection to 1985 hijacking of TWA flight (VIDEO)
- POLL: Was President Trump wrong to ask Ukraine to investigate Hunter Biden?
- VIDEO: Dem candidate takes a jab at Hillary Clinton’s failure in 2016
- Biden gives contentious, finger-pointing answer to reporter over Ukraine question
- EXCLUSIVE: Kamala Harris lectures about unity, DML responds
- VIDEO: Booker makes plea for funds: I won’t continue campaign if we fail to do this