VIDEO: Judiciary Republican: It would be to Trump’s advantage to have attorneys at impeachment hearing
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Rep. Tom McClintock (R-Calif.) said Sunday that it would be to President Trump’s advantage to have attorneys present at this week’s House Judiciary Committee impeachment hearing.
“That is his right, but I can also understand how he is upset at the illegitimate process that we saw unfold in the Intelligence Committee,” McClintock, who sits on the Judiciary panel, said on ABC’s “This Week.”
The article goes on to state the following:
The California Republican also said he thinks having former National Security Adviser John Bolton and acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney testify could work in the president’s favor, but he understands why the president and the White House are ordering them not to appear.
McClintock said, “Of course, he has to weigh that against the enormous, catastrophic damage that would do to the doctrine of executive privilege.”
GOP Rep. Tom McClintock says “it would be to the president’s advantage to have his attorneys” at the December 4 impeachment hearing.
— This Week (@ThisWeekABC) December 1, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: NY Democrat who attended White House ball announces his vote on impeachment
- BREAKING: First-term Democrats push former Republican as impeachment manager
- BREAKING: Schumer sends letter to McConnell naming top two witnesses he will request for testimony in Senate trial
- Kellyanne Conway sounds off on what’s missing from Democrats’ impeachment articles
- OpEd: Naval Aviator reveals what really happened in Pensacola. A must read and share.
- REPORT: Hallmark Channel reverses decision to pull commercial of same-sex couple after backlash
- UPDATE: China suspends tariffs on US products scheduled to go into effect Sunday
- VIDEO: ‘Too damn late:’ Gowdy blasts Comey admission he was wrong about FISA abuse
- VIDEO: Lindsey Graham invites key Trump ally to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee
- BREAKING: Results: House votes on resolution to impeach Trump