VIDEO: Judiciary Hearing Erupts As Democrats Reuse Their Witness To Question Other Witnesses
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DAILYCALLER.COM:
The House Judiciary Committee’s second impeachment hearing got testy Monday when Democrats allowed a lawyer who had already served as a witness to return to the bench and cross-examine other witnesses.
Lawyer Barry Berke, who was selected to be the Judiciary Democrats’ counsel, started the hearing by presenting his opinion as a witness as to why President Donald Trump should be impeached. After serving as a witness, Berke was then assigned to question and cross-examine other witnesses at the hearing.
The article goes on to state the following:
As Berke started questioning the Republican counsel, Steve Castor, Republican Texas Rep. Louie Gohmert interrupted to clarify if a witness could also serve as a questioner under House rules. Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler refused to acknowledge Gohmert’s point of order.
News anchors and journalists noted the strange procedure. “Why is witness Barry Burke now asking witness questions @replouiegohmert is asking ? Good question! Never saw this before,” Fox News’s Martha MacCallum tweeted.
Why is witness Barry Burke now asking witness questions @replouiegohmert is asking ? Good question! Never saw this before.
— Martha MacCallum (@marthamaccallum) December 9, 2019
What an abuse of power. I’m speechless. A witness and now asking questions. And he’s apparently someone full of hate toward the President.
— Marcus Atkinson (@texagdal) December 9, 2019
I just went to grab a salad and when I came back the witness who was testifying before is now +up on the dais+ interrogating the guy who was previously sitting next to him. Am I seeing things? #ImpeachmentHearing Did I miss the musical chairs music?
— Melissa Francis (@MelissaAFrancis) December 9, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit DAILYCALLER.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting DAILYCALLER.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Biden vs Trump: Fox News releases recent poll results
- VIDEO: NBC’s Chuck Todd under fire over question to Biden about Trump
- REPORT: Wuhan residents give staggering estimate of ‘actual’ coronavirus deaths that dwarfs official tally
- REPORT: State Department: U.S. ‘leading the world’ in coronavirus fight while China takes credit
- VIDEO: Epidemiologist evaluates if coronavirus can be contracted more than once
- VIDEO: McCarthy details how $2.2 trillion stimulus will benefit small business, employees
- REPORT: Details emerge of CDC funding cuts repeatedly sought by Obama admin, despite Biden’s attacks on Trump preparedness
- REPORT: First coronavirus death reported in Florida city that may be next epicenter
- REPORT: Trump wants THIS to appear on economic relief checks, WSJ claims
- REPORT: Riots erupt in China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan; riot police clash with civilians