VIDEO: Judge Napolitano: Trump has no authority to override church bans, but can do THIS
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano said Friday that President Trump does not have the authority he says he does when it comes to overriding governors who will not allow churches or synagogues to reopen.
However, Napolitano told “The Daily Briefing” that the governors’ bans are “ill-advised” and that the president does have one major recourse should a state executive fail to listen to his orders.
The article goes on to state the following:
“As ill-advised as these gubernatorial orders are — as essential as is the right to worship, as fundamental as it is — as absolutely protected by the First Amendment as it is, the president does not have any authority to override the governors,” he said.
Napolitano said there’s another way to accomplish the same goal, suggesting that President Trump “can order Attorney General William Barr and the Justice Department to file federal lawsuits against states that infringe on the First Amendment rights of their citizens.”
WATCH his remarks in the video below:
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Court blocks White House from suspending reporter for INCREDIBLE reason
- REPORT: Couple suspected of killing 8-year-old maid
- REPORT: Utah National Guard confirms they were kicked out of DC hotel, Trump, GOP senators react
- WATCH: Stunning moment Washington Monument struck by lightning, 2 park police also injured
- REPORT: Hillary Clinton asks appeals court to help her dodge Judicial Watch deposition on emails and Benghazi
- BREAKING: Biden releases statement, formally clinches Democratic presidential nomination
- REPORT: AOC stuns party by endorsing powerful incumbent’s primary rival
- REPORT: Dem AG: Letting America Burn Is the Path to Growth
- REPORT: Liberal governor pardons illegal set for deportation, DML responds
- VIDEO: Biden mistakenly refers to Sanders as ‘the president’ during debate