VIDEO: Ivanka Trump clarifies security clearance rumors
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Ivanka Trump claimed that her father, President Trump, was not involved in securing top security clearances for her or her husband, Jared Kushner.
“There were anonymous leaks about there being issues. But the president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband’s clearance, zero,” she told ABC’s Abby Huntsman in an interview that aired Friday. “This isn’t new. This was happening under the Obama administration, the Clinton administration.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who both serve as White House advisers, had operated on temporary security clearances for over a year and a half while they waited for their background checks to clear. The two were issued permanent clearances last summer.
Democratic Reps. Don Beyer (Va.) and Ted Lieu (Calif.) late last month called on acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to revoke Kushner’s security clearance, accusing the Trump administration of concealing information from Congress about security clearances.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Former Kirsten Gillibrand staffers want senator to quit presidential campaign
- REPORT: Ilhan Omar Mocks Republicans For ‘Losing Their Minds’
- REPORT: Omar lashes out in Twitter rant after Nadler criticizes her for sharing controversial cartoon
- VIDEO: Susan Boyle performs ‘I Dreamed a Dream’ a Decade After Famed Audition
- REPORT: DOJ Makes Stunning Revelation About Federal Arrests of Non-U.S. Citizens in 2018
- REPORT: Border Patrol busts woman with over $20K worth of fentanyl in her underwear
- REPORT: Three ship commanders fired in two days, raising questions about Navy’s ‘zero-error tolerance’ culture
- REPORT: Harris Campaign Brought in Crowd to ‘Boost’ Cheering During Speech
- BREAKING: Republican announces plan to primary challenge Trump
- OpEd: Ocasio-Cortez has yet another bad idea that makes no sense