VIDEO: Ivanka Trump clarifies security clearance rumors
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by TheHill.com:
Ivanka Trump claimed that her father, President Trump, was not involved in securing top security clearances for her or her husband, Jared Kushner.
“There were anonymous leaks about there being issues. But the president had no involvement pertaining to my clearance or my husband’s clearance, zero,” she told ABC’s Abby Huntsman in an interview that aired Friday. “This isn’t new. This was happening under the Obama administration, the Clinton administration.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Ivanka Trump and Kushner, who both serve as White House advisers, had operated on temporary security clearances for over a year and a half while they waited for their background checks to clear. The two were issued permanent clearances last summer.
Democratic Reps. Don Beyer (Va.) and Ted Lieu (Calif.) late last month called on acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney to revoke Kushner’s security clearance, accusing the Trump administration of concealing information from Congress about security clearances.
To get more information about this article, please visit TheHill.com. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
Facebook has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced the distribution of DML NEWS posts, and instead fills newsfeeds with news from the mainstream media. The way to fight back is by sharing our posts with your family and friends. Please take a moment now and click the share button. SHARE NOW
DML News offered you the above information as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world. You can obtain additional information by visiting TheHill.com
Trending on DML News
- REPORT: America’s First Two Muslim Congresswomen Will BOTH Be Fundraising For Hamas-Linked Organization
- VIDEO: Meghan McCain stuns Andrew McCabe on ‘The View’ with pointed question
- VIDEO: Gillibrand voices support for federal recognition of third gender
- REPORT: How the winners of New York Lottery’s biggest jackpot were able to stay anonymous
- BREAKING: ‘Empire’ show takes first steps against Jussie Smollett after attack claim controversy
- BREAKING: Obama-nominated judge deals blow to Obama’s presidential library plans
- REPORT: Prosecutor recuses herself from Jussie Smollett investigation
- VIDEO: McCabe claims ‘Gang of 8’ knew of counterintelligence investigation of Trump
- VIDEO: ISIS teen wife bemoans UK’s ‘unjust’ decision to revoke her citizenship
- VIDEO: Survey reveals Michelle Obama’s placement in 2020 race, if she runs