VIDEO: ISIS militants break out of prison in Syria after bombing by Turkey, guarding them no longer priority
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by INDEPENDENT.CO.UK:
Five Isis militants have broken out of a prison in northern Syria after Turkish shelling nearby, a spokesman in the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) has said.
The detainees escaped from a prison in Qamishli city, Marvan Qamishlo said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Meanwhile, women affiliated with Isis attacked security offices with sticks and stones during unrest at a camp in the region where Turkey has launched attacks.
According to the report, ISIS women “rose against the internal security forces at al-Hol, they set ablaze tents and attacked the administrative and security offices there with stones and sticks.”
A video has been shared on social media of the uprising, along with other videos showing ISIS prisoners trying to break out. WATCH videos below:
— Raf Sanchez (@rafsanchez) October 12, 2019
Serious security problems in prisons across NE Syria. ISIS terrorists held in prisons are attempting to break out of prisons. 5 of them have fled a prison in Qamishli during Turkish shelling targeting it earlier. We will probably witness more of this these days. pic.twitter.com/QkKkCaPHBB
— Bahtiyar Umut (@baxtiyarumut) October 12, 2019
— Coordination & Military Ops Center – SDF (@cmoc_sdf) October 12, 2019
ABC reporter Devin Dwyer tweeted on Friday, “JUST IN from @MarthaRaddatz: ISIS has breached several prisons in northern Syria. Official says Turkey is deliberately targeting American bases so we will depart.
— Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) October 11, 2019
Another report on Saturday by The Guardian stated that the fate of several thousands ISIS prisoners is now becoming uncertain, as Kurdish officials have announced that guarding them will no longer be a priority:
“The protection of Isis prisons will not remain our priority,” said an SDF commander during a press conference on Saturday. “The defence of our soil will be prioritised if [the] Turkish military continues its attacks.”
Kurdish forces in Syria will no longer prioritise guarding Isis prisons https://t.co/OOEmHDeImF
— Guardian news (@guardiannews) October 12, 2019
Isis militants break out of prison in Syria after bombing by Turkey https://t.co/nGzbNDUGfZ
— The Independent (@Independent) October 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit INDEPENDENT.CO.UK. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting INDEPENDENT.CO.UK
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: GOP counsel’s accessory goes viral. Here’s why
- VIDEO: Ted Cruz: IG report shows Obama admin’s stunning abuse of power
- BREAKING: Navy makes HUGE announcement about flight training of Saudi Arabian students in wake of Florida base shooting
- BREAKING: FISA report: DOJ watchdog releases findings on Russia probe surveillance
- BREAKING: Watch live: Democrats announce articles of impeachment against Trump [VIDEO]
- UPDATE: Massive gun battle erupts in New Jersey, officers shot, cops searching for 3rd gunman
- VIDEO: Kellyanne Conway slams impeachment efforts
- REPORT: Comey and McCabe fought to include Steele dossier in intelligence assessment on Russian interference
- VIDEO: Michelle Obama declares she’s ‘waiting to be asked’ for help by Democratic nominee
- BREAKING: Gunmen open fire on cops in Jersey City, school on lockdown [VIDEOS]