VIDEO: ISIS militants break out of prison in Syria after bombing by Turkey, guarding them no longer priority
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by INDEPENDENT.CO.UK:
Five Isis militants have broken out of a prison in northern Syria after Turkish shelling nearby, a spokesman in the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) has said.
The detainees escaped from a prison in Qamishli city, Marvan Qamishlo said.
The article goes on to state the following:
Meanwhile, women affiliated with Isis attacked security offices with sticks and stones during unrest at a camp in the region where Turkey has launched attacks.
According to the report, ISIS women “rose against the internal security forces at al-Hol, they set ablaze tents and attacked the administrative and security offices there with stones and sticks.”
A video has been shared on social media of the uprising, along with other videos showing ISIS prisoners trying to break out. WATCH videos below:
— Raf Sanchez (@rafsanchez) October 12, 2019
Serious security problems in prisons across NE Syria. ISIS terrorists held in prisons are attempting to break out of prisons. 5 of them have fled a prison in Qamishli during Turkish shelling targeting it earlier. We will probably witness more of this these days. pic.twitter.com/QkKkCaPHBB
— Bahtiyar Umut (@baxtiyarumut) October 12, 2019
— Coordination & Military Ops Center – SDF (@cmoc_sdf) October 12, 2019
ABC reporter Devin Dwyer tweeted on Friday, “JUST IN from @MarthaRaddatz: ISIS has breached several prisons in northern Syria. Official says Turkey is deliberately targeting American bases so we will depart.
— Devin Dwyer (@devindwyer) October 11, 2019
Another report on Saturday by The Guardian stated that the fate of several thousands ISIS prisoners is now becoming uncertain, as Kurdish officials have announced that guarding them will no longer be a priority:
“The protection of Isis prisons will not remain our priority,” said an SDF commander during a press conference on Saturday. “The defence of our soil will be prioritised if [the] Turkish military continues its attacks.”
Kurdish forces in Syria will no longer prioritise guarding Isis prisons https://t.co/OOEmHDeImF
— Guardian news (@guardiannews) October 12, 2019
Isis militants break out of prison in Syria after bombing by Turkey https://t.co/nGzbNDUGfZ
— The Independent (@Independent) October 11, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit INDEPENDENT.CO.UK. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting INDEPENDENT.CO.UK
Trending on DML News App
- THEY WON’T STOP: Kevin McCarthy Says Democrats Want To DESTROY President Trump
- VIDEO: Pelosi does impression of McConnell; uses grim nickname
- BREAKING: Hundreds of migrants form new caravan headed to U.S., break through first border [PHOTOS, VIDEOS]
- VIDEO: Why Ted Cruz should be leading Senate impeachment trial
- REPORT: Guatemala sweeps up one migrant group, returns them to border [VIDEOS, PHOTOS]
- BREAKING: Trump reveals whether he would block Bolton from testifying in Senate trial
- BREAKING: Veteran Actress, Known for ‘King of Queens’ Role, Dies at 95
- VIDEO: Hoax Impeachment: President Trump UNLOADS On ‘The Biggest WITCH HUNT’ In American History
- BREAKING: Trump to add two well-known lawyers to impeachment defense team
- TRUMP TWEETS: Lashes out at ‘Mini Mike,’, Bloomberg responds with mocking tweets