VIDEO: Immigrant doctor launches recall petition against California Gov. Newsom
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A San Diego doctor who emigrated from South America is pushing to oust California Gov. Gavin Newsom, arguing the state’s left-wing leadership has allowed cities to become “overrun by homelessness.”
“I came here legally at age 11. Having grown up in extreme poverty and being homeless to now being one of San Diego’s most prominent physicians, that’s the American Dream, that’s the California dream. And that’s what Gov. Newsom and left-wingers in the legislature are progressively destroying,” James Veltmeyer said on “Fox & Friends” Monday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Veltmeyer, who ran for Congress in 2016 and 2018, and Republican Erin Cruz have both launched recall petitions, seeking 1.5 million signatures to force a special election. According to the San Francisco Chronicle, there have been 51 recall attempts since 1911, with the only successful recall occurring in 2003 when Gray Davis was ousted from the governor’s office.
In his interview with Fox & Friends Monday morning, Veltmeyer expressed his outrage, noting that American veterans are on the streets and cannot receive healthcare, but Newsom just signed a bill that will allow illegal aliens and “MS-13 killers” to receive free healthcare.
— Carla Marinucci (@cmarinucci) December 2, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- BREAKING: Chilling new details revealed about Saudi students’ actions before Florida naval base attack [VIDEO]
- REPORT: Dozens of counties declare themselves ‘Second Amendment sanctuaries’ after Democrats win state legislature
- REPORT: Social Security announces Cost of Living increase for 2020
- REPORT: Omar to hit campaign trail with 2020 frontrunner in New Hampshire
- READ: House Judiciary report laying out grounds for impeachment
- REPORT: Trump names new deputy chief of staff
- REPORT: Biden says his son’s foreign jobs ‘may have looked bad’ but weren’t wrong
- BREAKING: Suspect identified as Saudi national in shooting at naval base, multiple dead
- REPORT: Doubts surface on Schiff’s phone record claims on Giuliani after WH says he has wrong number
- BREAKING: Democrat says he expects to oppose articles of impeachment against Trump