VIDEO: Hospital CEO and family test positive for coronavirus: ‘Disease moves very, very quickly’
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
New Jersey’s Holy Name Medical Center CEO Michael Maron said Wednesday that infecting his wife and his son with COVID-19 is a “burden” that he’ll have to bear for the rest of his life. Appearing on “Fox & Friends” with host Brian Kilmeade, Maron said that he never exhibited the “telltale symptoms” of the virus.
“We never spiked high fevers. We never had respiratory distress. But we had extreme fatigue and that is something that I thought it was from working – you know – seven days a week, 14-hour, 16-hour days that finally just caught up with me…but it turned out to be the virus,” he explained. “And so, once we knew we had those symptoms, we self-isolated here at home and had my outstanding staff come by. They swabbed us and then several days later the tests came back positive.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Maron said that it was a “horrible feeling” knowing that he had infected his family members. “Let me tell you,” he said. “I have a responsibility to my staff and to the community and people we serve. But my wife didn’t sign up for that.”
One of Maron’s employees passed away only a few days ago due to the virus. To help with the outbreak, Maron says his hospital is in dire need of personal protective equipment like N95 masks, isolation gowns and goggles.
*Coronavirus cases worldwide: 440,145
*Total confirmed deaths: 19,751
*Recovered patients: P;L[111,942
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- REPORT: Costco announces change to its membership policy
- BREAKING: ‘Star Wars’ actor dies from Covid-19
- REPORT: Stunning graphs predict when COVID-19 deaths, needs will peak in every state
- UPDATE: Gov. Cuomo speaks on brother’s coronavirus diagnosis
- REPORT: US coronavirus death toll doubles in 3 days
- FOX NEWS: Doctor reveals results of promising drug that may help treat COVID19 (video)
- VIDEO: Rachel Maddow’s attempt to slam Trump over hospital ships backfires
- BREAKING: Appeals Court issues ruling on Texas abortion ban during COVID-19 pandemic
- TRUMP TWEET: Taunts Nancy Pelosi about MSNBC interview [VIDEO]
- REPORT: McConnell halts economic stimulus package talks