VIDEO: Hillary Clinton gives advice to 2020 Dems about ‘disruptive’ policies
As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on Wednesday expressed caution toward progressive policies some of the 2020 Democrats are championing including “Medicare-for-all” and a wealth tax, the latter of which she warned would be “incredibly disruptive.”
Appearing at The New York Times DealBook Conference, the 2016 presidential candidate was asked to weigh in on Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s “Medicare-for-all” plan in comparison to adding a “public option,” a proposed aspect of ObamaCare that later was dropped.
The article goes on to state the following:
“I think the debate within the Democratic Party is a very healthy debate to try to figure out how to achieve the goal of covering everybody with quality, affordable health care,” Clinton began. “My view on this, having been working on it for many years now, is that the Affordable Care Act took us to 90 percent of coverage, the highest we have ever gotten in our country after many, many efforts… we have a 10-percent gap to fill and we have a lot of learning to do about the best way not only to fill the gap but then to drive down costs as much as it’s possible to do so without undermining quality advancements.”
The twice-failed presidential candidate offered
The former New York senator claimed a “smarter approach” on health care: “Build on what we have.”
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.
DML News App offered you the above aggregated article preview as part of our ongoing effort to educate and inform people around the world about news, events, and politics. We encourage you to obtain additional information by visiting FOXNEWS.COM
Trending on DML News App
- VIDEO: Witness makes admission about Ukranian phone call, Schiff jumps in to halt Nunes’s questioning
- REPORT: Details emerge of connection between Schiff aide and alleged whistleblower
- EXCLUSIVE: Jim Jordan taunts Schiff with new posters during impeachment hearing [PHOTOS]
- VIDEO: Jordan calls out Schiff during heated exchange while grilling Vindman
- EXCLUSIVE: Mitch McConnell comments on likelihood of Senate impeaching Trump [VIDEO]
- Morning briefing: Nov 20
- REPORT: Ben Carson sends scathing letter to Maxine Waters
- VIDEO: Fox News’ Chris Wallace makes crude comparison to Trump prior to impeachment hearing
- POLL: Is Pelosi jeopardizing the integrity of the 2020 elections?
- EXCLUSIVE: Homeless crisis takes its toll, prompting question: How much more can we take?